Thread: Director of Battle Royale 1 and 2 dies today

1. Director of Battle Royale 1 and 2 dies today

http://mdn.mainichi.co.jp/news/20030...ot001000c.html

if anybody here has seen battle royale, you know how badass of a director this guy is. if you havent; get your ass a region 0 copy of this flick a.s.a.p as this is one of the best movies in the last 10 years. period.

peace

MrWhitefolks
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

2. Well, Tora, Tora, Tora! was fantastic, I'll give you that, but I've never heard of anything else.

Best of the last 10 years?

Dude...you saying it's close to the Shawshank Redemption? Cause, I think you done smoked yourself retarded, YT. :P

3. Well, I knew that he had cancer, but it still a sad news. Battle Royalle is one good film, and I wonder who will direct part 2 now.

4. This is horrible news. I remember reading somewhere that he said he wanted to direct Battle Royale 2 before he died. He didn't get too far into it I guess...that sucks it was one of my most anticipated films ever. Even IF it's continued it's most likely not going to be handled properly.

5. matt: if you havent seen battle royale, your missing something huge. seriously.

and, it seems that his son(co producer and script writer of BR1/2) will continue his fathers legacy as the director for this film.

peace

MrWhitefolks

ps...the release of BR2 might be pushed from summer 03 to winter 03

there is a teaser for the BR2 sequel up already(only 15 seconds long). found mine by luck. i'll send if people request.

also...others that need to know about battle royale should visit www.battleroyaleonline.com
    XBL Gamertag = XMrWhitefolksX

6. I agree, Battle Royale is great. It took me awhile to find a subbed copy that was Region 1 but I managed to get one off Ebay a couple months ago. One of my favorite movies actually, but as I've said before my tastes are quite different from most. I really hope his son doesn't fuck the movie up. Here's hoping for the best

7. There's no way Battle Royale is one of the best films of the past decade. Its a good film, no doubt, but not THAT good.