Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best VGA cable to buy for Xbox?

1. Best VGA cable to buy for Xbox?

So yeah, what is the best one? My HDTV supports VGA input, so I want to free up the HD component input for the DVD player...

Who makes the best one?
    "50,000! You scored 50,000 points on Double Dragon?"

2. ...

Anybody?

3. Quote Originally Posted by ssbomberman
    Anybody?
    This is the first one I heard about, and it looks good http://www.x2vga.com/ It says it has a 480i "easy view" feature, and I'm assuming it allows you to see stuff that is normally 480i

This one seems like a general component>vga that can do all of the 3 new systems.
    http://www.vdigi.com/

I haven't seen them for myself so I don't know about the quality, but at least it's a start!

Lastly, audio authority makes this box- and all of their stuff is very high quality. http://www.audioauthority.com/aaccon.../9a60detc.html The only problem is it says it works vga>component, and i don't know if it also works the other way (component>vga).

Matt might be able to make you an xbox cable actually

4. the x2vga is great as a dedicated cable. it even has a way of displaying interlaced data (although it looks terrible,) so you can go to the dashboard without having to connect the xbox to a television.

otherwise, i've posted this in every other vga thread:
    Quote Originally Posted by epmode
    easy solution:

Key Digital Systems KD-XB

order here.

it takes any progressive signal and converts to crystal-clear vga. doesn't handle interlacing at all, though. the product has been discontinued, so it's super-cheap ($70.)

i just bought one, so i can vouch for the quality.
    it has a pass-through for your monitor, and automatically switches to the progressive input when it detects a signal.

it's just as good as the dedicated cables. i've compared both. you'll need to buy the regular component cables for anything you hook up to it, but it's really neat to have a single vga solution.

5. Yeah, go with the Key Digital Systems KD-XB

For a cheaper solution:

Just get two switchers that take composite video and stereo sound. In other words, anything that switches groups of 3 RCA cables. They cost like $10 each at Funcoland. Use one switcher to switch video (plug the red, blue, and green video plugs into the yellow video socket and the red and white audio sockets) and the second switcher to swich sound. You might get slight interfierence (or you might get none at all), but it will work. Component cables are just fancy overpriced RCA cables when you get right down to it.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    Yeah, go with the Key Digital Systems KD-XB
    The key digital systems for 69 bucks seems overpriced. The vdigi box seems to work with a 3 systems well (assuming u want to get vga for more than just xbox), and it's 52 bucks. Even the x2vga is a few bucks cheaper than the key digital.

7. i just checked out the vdigi website. does it actually support progressive scan? it uses component cables, but only 480i is mentioned. which sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs
    Just get two switchers that take composite video and stereo sound. In other words, anything that switches groups of 3 RCA cables. They cost like $10 each at Funcoland. Use one switcher to switch video (plug the red, blue, and green video plugs into the yellow video socket and the red and white audio sockets) and the second switcher to swich sound. You might get slight interfierence (or you might get none at all), but it will work. Component cables are just fancy overpriced RCA cables when you get right down to it.
    i did the same thing on my television downstairs. worked pretty well, but the switchers were terribly made. both broke after 2 months.

8. Yes it does. Here are the full specs. It mentions 480i in the "pros" because that is a bonus feature.

If you have a regular component TV, you can get away with RCA cables as component ones with a regular switcher. But if you have a nice hdtv there is a difference between using rca instead of some solid component cables.

9. i just read a review of the vdigi. looks like it does everything the key digital converter does, but cheaper. get it.

10. ...

Well here's the thing -- I need a box that attaches directly to the Xbox and takes the VGA cable directly to the HDTV. Because see, I'm getting signal loss using the Xbox brand component cables, so if I attach them to a converter and then to the TV, I will still get loss. And I'm not sure if the 60 Monster cables are worth it from what I here, so I want to get the purest cleanest picture out there.

My HDTV has a VGA in, so like my GC, I want to do direct VGA connection for the purest signal. It looks that that X2vga box will do the trick...but I'm gonna see if Matt can do the same thing he did for my GC setup -- making it RGB/VGA compatible.

ssb