Page 1 of 6 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Where did all the Gamefan magazines go?

Where did all the Gamefan magazines go?

Right before Gamefan went under they were still accepting orders for early back issues of the Mag. Anyone know what became of them, I wouldn't think that they all sold out? So is Shidoshi,MVS or some former Editor sitting on a bunch of back issues or are they locked away in storage? Just curious, as Gamefan issues are HTF and or people don't want to give them up. Speculate or offer any insights.

2. i have an old one where they gave Bubsy 3D decent scores..

you can have it if you want.
    MK2 on XBLA plz - let the unfolding of gameplay begin!!

Quote Originally Posted by johnk_
    i have an old one where they gave Bubsy 3D decent scores..

you can have it if you want.
    Heh I have that one, funny stuff.

4. i have a bunch that i listed in my sale thread on the trade board. no one wanted them

5. Quote Originally Posted by stormy
    i have a bunch that i listed in my sale thread on the trade board. no one wanted them
    Yea, that's because people seem to have developed some taste over the years.

Quote Originally Posted by diffusionx
    Yea, that's because people seem to have developed some taste over the years.
    Why's that, Gamefan was the best multi-platform Gaming Mag and I'm sad it's not longer around. I was a fan before I even heard of GameGo and TNL.

7. Actually, that's a good question, because the GF offices had a ridiculous amount of back issues stocked up. I wonder what did ever happen to them.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

8. Play Guitar Hero //

9. Shidoshi worked for Gamefan?

Icepick's already gone?

God, I am slow.

10. I would gladly take those backissues off somebody's hands, namely vol 1 and 2.
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

Quote Originally Posted by Brisco Bold
    Shidoshi worked for Gamefan?
    shidoshi was shidoshi, and MVS was Kodomo.

Some others have shown up on TNL here and there, but none stuck around.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

12. I've got like 8-10 each of the ones I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by shidoshi
    Actually, that's a good question, because the GF offices had a ridiculous amount of back issues stocked up. I wonder what did ever happen to them.
    There were piles of them back there, I assume they were just tossed out.

13. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    shidoshi was shidoshi, and MVS was Kodomo.
    Funny how that works. *heh*
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

14. Thank god for having over 20 back issues

15. Welcome to TNL!
    "Your soul better belong to Jesus, mmm-mmmmm..... cause your ass belongs to me!"

16. Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking here for well over a year, finally gettin around to posting. But man do I love Gamefan, Dangohead still is teh shiznit.

17. i threw out all of my issues when i moved. along with next gen, and, hell, just about every gaming magazine in my closet. the only ones i keep are ones i'm in. LE SNOB.

18. Quote Originally Posted by BrAnDX105
    Thanks for the welcome, I've been lurking here for well over a year, finally gettin around to posting. But man do I love Gamefan, Dangohead still is teh shiznit.
    Hey I did the same here myself and turns out I really liked the place.

You'll love it here.

That av... that is some trippy-azz shit you got, what game is it supposed to be?

Btw, Dango can be contacted through IGN. I just don't know what he's up to since I haven't heard from him in awhile.

19. I bought a couple of Gamefans. I never paid any attention to the names of the editors and stuff.

And voltz, why would you want issues #1 and #2? Sentimental value of some sort? I don't think anybody would be willing to put out money for those at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

20. I missed #1 and #2 is almost ready to bite the dust.

21. Quote Originally Posted by voltz
    That av... that is some trippy-azz shit you got, what game is it supposed to be?
    Looks like a Virtual Boy game to me.

22. I still have all mine in a couple Xerox boxes somewhere in the closet. Have almost every issue - missing 3 or 4 due to subscription problems and the transition from old GF to new GF.

Been thinking about throwing away a lot of my magazines. I used to keep them for historical purposes, (kinda funny reading about how much "advanced" the Ultra 64 was going to be before it came out) but now they just take up space.

Think the only ones I'd keep would be the Gamefans and Next Generations.

23. I've got about 30 or so GameFans and NGs, and countless more EGMs. I still read through them regularly, and I'm surprised at how many games I'll see in them that strike my fancy that I missed out on.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

24. Quote Originally Posted by Jeremy
    I've got about 30 or so GameFans and NGs, and countless more EGMs. I still read through them regularly, and I'm surprised at how many games I'll see in them that strike my fancy that I missed out on.
    you seriously do nothing all day don't you

25. I usually read them before going to sleep, if I see something that I might want to pick up on my next trip to GameStop, I'll just write it down. Doesn't take all that long.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

26. "Looks like a Virtual Boy game to me."

Yepp, it's Telroboxer, if thats how yah spell it. Now how do I do this crazy html quoting non sense?
    Quote Originally Posted by BerringerX
    I am pretty sure one of the reasons Jesus died is so we could enjoy delicious chicken and waffle fries seven days a week.
    Eat a bag of dicks.

27. hahahaha. I'm just picturing you under a night light with a sleeping cap in with the cover pulled up around your torso. You're a strange, strange man Jeremy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

28. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo
    shidoshi was shidoshi
    *smacks head*

Because I was soooooo obviously paying attention to what I was reading.

29. Andrew, you think THAT about another guy and think I'm weird...
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan

30. Quote Originally Posted by Super-Eggroll

Been thinking about throwing away a lot of my magazines. I used to keep them for historical purposes, (kinda funny reading about how much "advanced" the Ultra 64 was going to be before it came out) but now they just take up space.
    Same here, though I think I'll hold on to the Gamefans and Gamer Republics for the quality layouts and import coverage. And I'll make sure to slice out the Hsu and Chan comic strips before I heave the EGMs in the recycle box . *-neo