Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis

1. Final Fantasy VII: Before Crisis

Hm, kinda surprised this hasn't already been posted and I know a few people are probably interested, so from the latest GI:
    Square Enix is developing a Final Fantasy VII prequel for mobile phones subtitled Before Crisis. Players will take control of members of the Turks organization, and the game will feature multiplayer, but little else is known about the cell phone entry.
    There's also two very tiny screenshots, one of which has the Turks fighting a Behemoth (IIRC the name). I'd be kinda interested as the Turks and Shinra himself (the young one, not the old fat dead one) were the only characters I really liked about FFVII, but being on a mobile phone means it'll probably be ass. Not that I have a mobile phone anyway.

[edit] Why was this not developed for the PSP? An FFVII-related title would've been an awesome deal for the sales departments of Square-Enix and Sony both, and probably would've been the killer app many are looking for. Retards.

2. Looking at the shots for this, I'd hardly call it killer app quality. Granted it's designed for mobile phones and not a beast like the PSP, but still... it looks pretty shitty to me. Cheap, easy cash-in for Square Enix I'd say.

3. I posted about it a while back in I think the Advent Children thread.
    pwned by Ivan

4. Quote Originally Posted by NoFace
    Looking at the shots for this, I'd hardly call it killer app quality. Granted it's designed for mobile phones and not a beast like the PSP, but still... it looks pretty shitty to me. Cheap, easy cash-in for Square Enix I'd say.
    I'm not saying it's anywhere close to such currently (and probably not even close to plain old decent), but it could've been had Square Enix put in the effort and money. This would assuredly sell a crapload of PSPs off title alone.

In other news, the same issue of GI also has a rare picture of Tera Patrick with her clothes still on.

Quote Originally Posted by Green
    I posted about it a while back in I think the Advent Children thread.
    Ah, okay. I did a search and nothing really seemed to come up.

5. This is bull. They are ignoring the millions of fans who bought and loved FF7 but are smart enough to never play games on their cell phone that aren't named Bejeweled. There's just no reason for this junk.

It really should've been on Xbox... okay and barring that, the PS2. Or PSP. Or all 3, shit, Square's a big company.

6. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus
    I'm not saying it's anywhere close to such currently (and probably not even close to plain old decent), but it could've been had Square Enix put in the effort and money. This would assuredly sell a crapload of PSPs off title alone.
    Yea I wasn't disagreeing with you there... I agree that if they put at least some effort into it, it could be a huge game for whatever console or handheld it was released on. As it stands now though, yeah, it looks like a cheap tie-in.

7. fuck this news.

Quote Originally Posted by Square PR Rep
    Greetings, misled fans who think that FFVII was a great RPG. Since we know that you are easily fooled, we will now try to tell you that a FFVII sequel is now "playable" on DVD. In case that isn't enough FFVII "goodness", we're also doing you the favor of providing a "great" prequel on your cell phone! Now you can have FFVII with even "better" gameplay than before!

9. We need a no Yoshis in Final Fantasy threads rule, stick to you're Star Wars stuff would ya... we know you don't like Final Fantasy already

I thought this was a really cool idea story wise... but poor choice on their part to develope it for a cell phone

Now if this we're on a console or at least a handheld like PSP or DS it would have been awesome, but it looks worse then the original Playstation game... this concept could've been so much more

10. I agree on the fact that the Turks are a pretty cool group, and have some good potential to base a game around and have it be fun... but a shitty cell phone game of course won't do it justice.