Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: News Corp. to purchase IGN

1. News Corp. to purchase IGN

2. Hubboy. Can't wait for the garish red, white, and blue design makeover and "fair and balanced" reviews.

3. News Corp. in July agreed to buy Intermix Media Inc. for $580 million, adding more than 30 marketing and entertainment Web sites. The company is also buying closely held Scout Media Inc., a Seattle-based owner of 200 sports sites and 47 magazines, for about $60 million.
    They've spent over a Billion dollars on internet and magazine properties. That's mad cash!

4. Yeah, didn't they recently snap up Myspace?

What entertainment focused print do they own?
    A is for action

5. Sept. 8 (Bloomberg) -- Rupert Murdoch's News Corp. agreed to buy IGN Entertainment Inc., which runs video-game related Web sites, for $650 million as part of a plan to expand the media company's Internet business.

"Our first move will be to immediately fire MarkRyan and blackball him from the industry,'' Murdoch said in the statement.
    Wow, tough break.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

6. I doubt this will affect the actual site whatsoever. Things will change behind the scenes, obviously, but IGN is already so overwhelmed with ads that I doubt even Murdoch could cram more in there.

He just gained another gigantic audience. That's about the extent of it.

7. The company that owns Fox News buys IGN... somehow this feels really fitting.

8. *gulp

They better keep their hands off gamespy.

9. Quote Originally Posted by cka
    The company that owns Fox News buys IGN... somehow this feels really fitting.
    Just curious, but what does that even mean?

10. One evil media empire buying another, I would imagine.
    matthewgood fan
    lupin III fan