O2EM is the premier open-source Odyssey² emulator, which was originally created by Dan Boris. It supports most (if not all) Odyssey² and Videopac games, including Videopac + G7400 titles. Consult the O2EM Site for O2EM updates and to download the latest versions for Windows, Linux, or DOS.
O2EM for Macintosh - O2EM/MacOS is a Mac port of O2EM by Richard Bannister. It runs a respectable number of games, including Videopac + G7400 titles. Visit the O2EM/MacOS web page for more information and downloads.
O2EM for Xbox - XPort Emulation has ported O2EM to the Xbox, under the name OdysseyX. All you need to get started can be found on XPort's site.
O2EM Support Files:
- ROMs - O2EM requires the 1K Odyssey² BIOS ROM as well as a cartridge ROM to function. Look for these at René van den Enden's Videopac Page. To run Videopac + G7400 games using O2EM, you will need a G7400 game ROM, as well as the G7400 BIOS, both of which should be available on René's page as well.
- Main Voice Sampleset (664 kb @ O2EM.SourceForge.net) - Needed for all Voice games. Unzip this into the /voice subfolder.
- Sid the Spellbinder Sampleset (534 @ O2EM.SourceForge.net) - Voice samples needed for Sid the Spellbinder. Unzip this into the /voice subfolder.
Frontends are programs that allow you to run games by selecting them from a list instead of typing in instructions on a command line. They make life much easier!
- O2EM Launcher (211 kb @ O2EM.SourceForge.net) by Heitor Barcellos. The best Windows-based frontend for O2EM versions 0.80 and above. Recommended! O2EM Launcher now supports screenshots and box scans. Download the Screenshot Pack (493 kb) for use with O2EM Launcher.
- jo2emLauncher (Java O2EM Launcher) (58 kb @ SourceForge.net) by Philippe Ventrillon. As the name indicates, a Java-based frontend for O2EM. Begun in 2013, this open-source project is currently in an early stage, with the goal of eventually supporting multiple platforms. The first target is Linux.
- Oxygen (702 kb) by Erik Winblad. This was the most popular frontend before O2EM v0.80 came out. Will not work with v0.80 and above.
- O2EMUGUI (1.5 Mb) by Frank Ciappetta. A fine frontend, unfortunately it will not function with O2EM v0.80 and up.
M.E.S.S. (the Multi-Emulator Super System) emulates a number of different computers and game consoles, including Odyssey². M.E.S.S.'s support for Odyssey² has historically lagged behind O2EM's, but has greatly improved over time. Visit the M.E.S.S. Odyssey² driver page for up-to-date information. Download the latest version of the emulator at the M.E.S.S. downloads page.