Lunar: Dragon Song
Game Arts' classic RPG series makes the leap to the DS. First screens revealed.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
July 2nd 2005
Lunar: Dragon Song, also the first traditional fantasy RPG for Nintendo DS, takes players to 1,000 years before the events that occurred in the first game of the Lunar series, Lunar: The Silver Star. The world of Lunar is at peace under the protection of the goddess Althena, creator of Lunar. At the fringes of this peaceful existence, vicious demons have started to slowly invade, and there are few with power enough to know how to deal with this demon invasion. Players experience the world of Lunar as the human boy, Jian, and his group of friends. Jian’s story begins simply but quickly evolves as he and his friends unravel the evil plot being laid against Althena and discover that they alone can save Lunar from the forces of evil.
- Exclusively on Nintendo DS – Lunar: Dragon Song, the first original game in the Lunar series in 10 years, will only be available on Nintendo DS.
- The first fantasy RPG for Nintendo DS – Marks the first entry in the traditional fantasy RPG category for Nintendo DS.
- New Light & Dark enemy system - Players must battle the forces of evil by transforming Dark enemy creatures into Beings of Light.
- New characters - Five new main characters debut in the Lunar universe: Jian, Gabryel, Lucia, Flora and Rufus.
- New Battle Card system - Find different Battle Cards during your quest to alter the abilities and powers of members in your party.
- New weapons and items – Lunar: Dragon Song features all-new items and weapons never seen before in any Lunar title.
- Wireless LAN connectivity - By connecting via wireless LAN, players can share rare and unique items within the Lunar world.
- DS microphone support – Players can command situations by giving orders into the DS microphone.