Maverick not included.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
July 1st 2005
Mastiff released the first details of Top Gun for Nintendo DS, created as an action-packed tribute to the blockbuster 1986 flick.
Top Gun for Nintendo DS takes a look at the danger and excitement that awaits every pilot at the Navy's prestigious fighter weapons school. Top Gun players start out as rookie pilots, selected along with a handful of other pilots for elite training at the US Navy's Fighter Weapons School. To become the best fighter pilot in the world players must to go head to head with the best of enemy fighter pilots.
The game includes 10 single player missions such as high altitude dogfights, escort missions, and protecting airspace, over a variety of terrain with dramatic weather and visual effects. Top Gun also features head to head play for two, three or four players. High quality sound effects take advantage of the Nintendo DS's ability to deliver virtual surround-sound.
- Top Gun Competition Campaign includes elite training and realistic combat
- Choose pilots named for characters in the movie
- Choose different fighter planes, each with different handling characteristics
- 10 diverse missions across arctic, ocean, forest and desert zones
- Weapons include machine gun, fire-and-forget missiles, homing missiles
- Multiplayer dogfight for 2-4 players
- Stunning visual effects include explosions, water splashes, smoke, and gun/rocket trails
- Challenging weather effects include sun, rain, animated clouds, and snow
- Pulse-pounding music reminiscent of the movie soundtrack