Midnight Club 3: Dub Edition
The perennial racer warps to PSP later this year.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
May 13th 2005
Overview: The series that revolutionized racing by taking the action from closed tracks to the open urban streets is raising the stakes once again by putting that freedom in the palm of your hand. Since the beginning, the Midnight Club series has consistently been at the forefront of Sony’s gaming evolutions. Rockstar Leeds—working in conjunction with Rockstar San Diego—continues to lead the charge on Sony’s latest evolution, by bringing the Midnight Club series to the PSP with a complete version of Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition containing all the cars, parts and cities found on the console versions.
Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition delivers unprecedented variety, polish, and style, as you customize over 60 of the most sought after licensed vehicles on the planet with hundreds of aftermarket parts to take on street racing’s elite. Try to hold on for the fastest ride ever, as you blaze through traffic at velocities over 250 mph and the world around you warps into a frenetic blur of speed and lights. With insane speeds and an unrivaled amount of customization, Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition outruns anything currently available on the PSP continuing to set the standard for racing games.
- Customization: All of the licensed cars and parts, all of the myriad options to tweak and tune your car inside and out, all of the tiny details that make a car truly YOURS are in Midnight Club 3: DUB Edition for PSP. Create visual customizations including custom paint jobs, top of the line rims, stylish body kits, and much more. Upgrade performance parts from suspension to superchargers, and everything in between.
- Freedom: The open, living cities of San Diego, Detroit, and Atlanta are available in the PSP version, with all of the shortcuts, secrets and side streets. Rockstar Leeds has rebuilt each environment in its entirety. Whether you’re just exploring in Cruise mode, looking to shave a few second in an ordered race, or trying to pick the ultimate route in an unordered free for all, figuring out the intimate secrets of these complex maps is a treat that translates perfectly to the PSP.
- Speed: Rockstar San Diego really pushed the envelope to the extreme in terms of the over the top speeds they built into the game. The portable experts at Rockstar Leeds have done a phenomenal job in translating that sense of speed to the small screen. Upgrade your engine, hit the nitrous and watch the city turn into a blur of neon as you hit speeds of over 220mph. No other racing game comes close.
- Multiplayer: Race the cars you’ve built in 6-player wi-fi multiplayer action. Prove your driving skills or just show off your creation in a deep selection of Arcade modes. We feel Midnight Club 3’s wireless multiplayer racing action will set the standard for head to head racing on any handheld system.
- Variety: All of Midnight Club 3’s varied gameplay styles are in full effect on the portable. We’ve even added some race types to complement the "on the go" play style of the PSP. Stay tuned for more info on this new content.