March 24, 2005
1 - 8
Studio Liverpool returns with a portable edition of the best combat racing series.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
February 25th 2005
Game Overview: Get ready to race at blazing speeds and experience adrenaline-filled, anti-gravity racing action. Wipeout Pure, the latest edition to the popular anti-gravity racing series for the PSP handheld entertainment system, provides intense, hovercraft racing action as players choose from five different speed classes and race relentlessly around 16 futuristic, anti-gravity racing tracks. During both single and multi-player gameplay, racing fans will be able to enjoy challenging, action-packed gameplay modes that include Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Free Play and Zone Mode (single-player only).
Supporting up to eight players via a Wi-Fi link for multiplayer gameplay, gamers will be able to take on their friends and attempt to blast enemy ships to pieces in a fierce competition for top racing honors. Players who win a gold, silver or bronze trophy will earn fresh racing colors, new ships and four classic tracks from past installments in the Wipeout series. Fresh downloadable content that can be saved to a Memory Stick Duo, such as new tracks, ships, skins and music, will expand the racing experience and allow for personalization of the game.
- Race aggressively in ultramodern ships moving at high speeds around 16 futuristic, anti-gravity racing tracks for an intense hovercraft racing action experience.
- 16 space-age tracks include eight based around an island location, four custom-designed Zone tracks and four favorite tracks from previous Wipeout games.
- Compete against up to eight players in multiplayer gameplay via a Wi-Fi link up.
- Five speed classes to race with including Vector (slowest), Venom, Flash, Rapier and Phantom (fastest).
- Multiplayer – Gameplay allowing up to eight players to compete against one another via a Wi-Fi link up.
- Five race modes including: Single Race, Tournament, Time Trial, Zone Mode and Free Play.
- Single Race – Players compete against each other or the artificial intelligence on any available course with the exception of the custom-built Zone tracks.
- Tournament – Players choose a league to join and will then race against competitive leagues.
- Time Trial – Players set lap and course records on each track or race against friends in time trial conditions.
- Free Play – Players race free of damage as long as they want without lap count or time restrictions.
- Zone Mode – Players race on four custom-built tracks where their ship will constantly accelerate and the ship’s top speed increases every 10 seconds (Single-player only).
- Players will gain access to weapons, such as rockets, missiles, mines and bombs, to gain a competitive edge and inflict major damage to other ships.
- Earn a gold, silver or bronze trophy and unlock power-ups, alternative racing colors, new ships and four classic tracks from previous Wipeout games.
- Choose from eight different racing teams to join including Feisar, AG Systems, Auricom, Qirex, Piranha, Assegai and all new Harimau and Triakis.