Majesco offered us a sneak peek of Advent Rising trailer which will be premiering on May 19, opening day for Star Wars: Episode III. But guess what? You get to enjoy it absoultely free without having to set one foot inside the theater. The trailer reveals a sampling of the game’s original musical score created by a 70-piece Hollywood union orchestra led by Emmy Award-winning conductor, Mark Watters.
On a related note, Majesco will also be launching a special Advent Rising campaign: "$1,000,000: Race to Save Humanity in which participants are eligible to win win hundreds of prizes, including a grand prize of one million dollars. Other prize partners include SoBe Beverages, Radica and Brady Games. The promotion is supported across the advertising campaign and includes a radio buy in the top 20 markets. The contest is open only to US and Canadian residents (void in MD, VT and in Quebec) who are 13 years or older. The contest ends August 15. Complete contest rules can be found online at official Advent Rising website beginning May 31.
Last Updated: 1/31/2005
Overview: Advent Rising is the first in an epic trilogy of action/adventure games, presented in a stunning cinematic format to deliver an unprecedented variety of game play experiences. Built on the Unreal Warfare engine, it offers precise, refined play-dynamics with action-packed adventure and style, wrapped in a visually imaginative universe. Advent is akin to a fast-paced action movie where the player is swept up in a continuously evolving series of sequences and events.
Working with award-winning science fiction author Orson Scott Card, GlyphX Games has created a gripping storyline that will thrust gamers and readers alike into an incredible intergalactic saga. In Advent Rising , players make decisions that effect not only what they experience in the first game, but the entire Advent trilogy.
In Advent Rising, a common legend pervades the galaxy-that of a powerful, highly intelligent ancient race that will one day deliver the universe. They are known simply as Humans.
Some claim them to be the messiah, believing they will one day come to deliver the universe into harmony. Some simply see them as a symbol for eternal hope. Others see them as purely fantastical creatures existing only in the imaginations and storybooks of the young.
The Seekers, however, know that Humans truly do exist and see them as an enemy that must be destroyed. Under the guise of benevolent explorers they comb the universe and eradicate any Human colonies they find. Until now.
Gamers: Prepare to find out what it means to be truly Human.
- Epic storyline created from the extraordinary collaboration with award-winning, sci-fi author Orson Scott Card
- Unprecedented single-player game play allows gamers to play through the thrilling action sequences of a blockbuster movie or game, rather than just watch them
- Develop amazing superhuman powers including energy blasts, levitation and energy shields
- Wield an arsenal of awesome weapons, all with unique alternate fire abilities
- Command a vast array of incredible vehicles including human and alien assault vehicles, hover tanks and flying vehicles
- Versatile control scheme that allows for acrobatic movement and precise targeting of enemies while quickly switching between weapons and powers
- Players can choose to switch from 3rd to 1st person point-of-view
- Downloadable content from Xbox Live and PC online
- Originally composed soundtrack performed by 70-piece Hollywood union orchestra and the Mormon Tabernacle Choir
- Built using next-generation Unreal technology, integrated with the Karma physics engine
- Dolby Digital 5.1 support.
Advent Rising Main Title Theme (4.37 MB)
Advent Rising -- "Koroem" (4.54 MB)
Advent Rising -- "Poeta" (5 MB)
Advent Rising Gameplay Trailer (Quicktime, 9.86 MB)