Beatdown: Fist of Vengeance
The Final Fight of the new millennium?
Preview by (Email)
February 5th 2005
Overview: Set in the seedy underbelly of Las Sombras, players are immersed in an urban setting ruled by a criminal underworld of power, greed and corruption. This intense, urban action game features a twisting storyline filled with betrayal, warring cartels and hard-hitting battles. Players must use their wits and depend on their fists above all else, as they seek vengeance against their enemies. Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance includes multiple modes, diverse gameplay and an open format that offers players a high level of freedom. Capcom plans to release the game across North America next fall.
In an area brimming with cartels battling for power and influence, no one comes close to Zanetti’s group, the strongest force in Las Sombras. When Zanetti learns of a rival clan’s drug deal, he dispatches five of his top mercenaries from his inner circle to intervene. When they arrive on the scene, they find their targets have already been executed and to their surprise, they are ambushed by members of their own cartel. They were set up to appearas traitors who were out to nab the drugs and money for themselves. They had been double crossed, but by who? Was this some scheme by the cartel to exploit them as scapegoats? Did one of the five betray the others? Outnumbered and pursued by both their previous cartel and law enforcement officials, the five are forced to split up and disappear into the shadows of Las Sombras.
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance puts gamers in the role of one of the five fugitives as they seek revenge against their foes. Betrayal comes at a high price and to survive in Las Sombras, you need power. With enemies everywhere, the only hope is to find the other four and build enough power to strike back. Using a low-key downtown bar as a hideout base, players will wanderthe town in search of information and add allies to their growing opposition. Taking different jobs around town will add much needed funds to fuel the growth of the posse. By proving themselves in street battles, effectively utilizing negotiation skills and using clever disguises, they will be able to build their influence on the mean streets. Soon no one will stand in the way of cold hard vengeance!
- Up to five playable characters including:
- Raven - a rough and tumble rebel with a short fuse and penchant for fighting
- Aaron - the Machiavellian bastard love child of Zanetti, the head of the most powerful cartel in Las Sombras
- Multiple gameplay options - single and multiplayermodes
- Open and diversified gameplay
- Give them the beat down and let your fists do the talking - you can engage anyone you meet in a fight!
vUse “negotiation” tactics instead of brawling in order to recruit allies or build more funds for your cause
- Walk around town to get information on the whereabouts of the Zanetti cartel and police to avoid dangerous confrontations and possible arrest
- Use clever disguises to blend in, enter locations undetected, or masquerade as others - keeping a lower profile will make it easier to proceed through the game
- No holds barred street brawls - punch and kick, use objects in the environment like pipes or bottles, break open crates and bins to reveal hidden weapons, or even smash opponents against cars, barbed wire and more!
- Team management
- Make valuable allies and consider their individual characteristics to assemble the best team for each mission
- Make friends with the right people to gain valuable resources like cars, money, connections and more
- Vast and dynamic environment - a true living city with several distinct areas populated by AI characters, realistic urban buildings and streets
- Technical enhancements - incredible graphics, fully animated 3D characters, realistic sounds that echo during fights and distorted camera effects that reflect impacts sustained in battle
- Multiple endings - depending on which character you choose and how you play, there are different endings