Mech Assault 2: Lone Wolf
The ultimate mech shooter.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
December 1st 2004
MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf continues the massive destruction, intense combat, and addictive online play that gamers have been praising since MechAssault first hit the Xbox.
Continuing in the thirty-first century, MechAssault 2 allows gamers to encounter entirely new experiences in the epic BattleTech world. With 15 fully destuctible environments, this third-person action-shooter takes immense destruction to another level.
Choose from a variety of weapons and vehicles— from the stealthy Raptor 'Mech to the ‘Mech-jacking BattleArmor—all equipped with different weapon configurations and artillery.
Embark on the brand-new and intensive single-player campaign, or test your teamwork skills in the ultimate online multiplayer arena, strategizing and communicating with teammates via the Xbox Live Communicator headset.
- Get out of that 'Mech: In MechAssault 2, you're the man, not the machine. So, for the first time ever, you'll now have the ability to get in and out of your ‘Mech to experience warfare up-close and personal. Attach to ally and enemy ‘Mechs, scale walls, or hitch a ride on a VTOL aircraft.
- Protect yourself: With BattleArmor, you can hijack enemy ‘Mechs and use them to help your teammates rain down destruction on opponents.
- Get a new sense of scale: MechAssault 2 uses the graphic superiority of the Xbox to introduce a new perspective that allows you to fully appreciate the size and power of your massive ‘Mechs. With action and graphics this realistic, you'll feel like you've been fully immersed into a world where 40-foot ‘Mechs reign supreme.
- Enjoy a compelling, brand-new single-player experience: Delve into the deeply enhanced single-player campaign, filled with seamless storytelling that opens up the universe to a more compelling single-player experience.
- Experience evolutionary Xbox Live gameplay: Battle for the Inner Sphere against opponents from around the globe via Xbox Live. Whether you live in the United States, Sweden, or anywhere inbetween, you can strategize with teammates about the most effective way to search-and-destroy, while talking trash in real-time to opponents from Germany to Japan.
- Bring on the destruction: MechAssault 2 pushes the graphical capabilities of Xbox. Experience more incredible explosions and devastating destruction. Witness intense, jaw-dropping weapon and damage effects. See lasers light up the sky, Raptors disappear, and Javelin LRM launchers fly though the air, wreaking havoc on the evil Hand of Blake.