Prince of Persia 3: The Two Thrones
Update: Official date confirmed and a pre-order incentive reminder!
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
November 3rd 2005
Ubisoft has officially revealed the subtitle to the next chapter in the Prince of Persia series as The Two Thrones, set to ship this December 1, 2005.
In addition, the company has launched a special preorder campaign in which customers can receive a special PoP soundtrack for free! The soundtrack includes music from Prince of Persia The Sands of Time, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, and Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, along with a color artbook pamphlet and bonus downloads including an exclusive code to unlock a hidden sword in the game. So where can you get this awesome gift? Simply head to your local EB, Gamestop or Game Crazy. Hurry, because this is bound to be a limited-time offer while supplies last.
Last Updated: 4/25/05
Apparently, we can have too much of a good thing as evidenced by Ubisoft's announcement of Prince of Persia 3 (working title), scheduled for a multi-platform release. The company promises this will be the best installment in the franchise as the Prince returns to reclaim his kingdom, and this time, he's got a few suprises in store [for us]...
Overview: The Prince of Persia, a seasoned warrior, returns from the Island of Time to Babylon with his love, Kaileena. Instead of the peace that he longs for, he finds his homeland ravaged by war and the kingdom turned against him. The Prince is rapidly captured and Kaileena has no choice but to sacrifice herself and unleash the Sands of Time in order to save him. Now cast out on the streets and hunted as a fugitive, the Prince soon discovers that past battles have given rise to a deadly Dark Prince, whose spirit gradually possesses him.
Game features include:
- Play and master two distinct characters: Wield the powers and weapons of two master warriors with different combat styles, attitudes, and histories.
- Choose your way to fight: Master the expanded Free-Form Fighting system to destroy enemies in your own style; strangle enemies from afar with the deadly Daggertail; or surprise them with full-speed one-shot kills using a brand new stealth art. The choice is yours.
- Battle freely through Babylon: Dominate enemies on the perilous rooftops, dodge through chaotic streets, and ambush pursuers in dark, underground passageways.
- Immerse yourself in a dramatic story: Experience unparalleled depth in storytelling as you fight your way through a twisting tale filled with adrenaline, tension and discovery.
- Manipulate time to surprise enemies: Execute powerful attacks against entire armies by slowing down or rewinding time, or surprise them by using some all-new Sands of Time powers.
- Experience a masterful blend of gameplay: True to the Prince of Persia franchise, the game provides a variety of action combat, agility and story-driven puzzles – all masterfully blended together into a rich gaming experience.
Ubisoft has released several images showing off some in-game action, a remarkable locale (Babylon, we presume) and a static slideshow of the Prince's newest acrobatic attacks (which we've conveniently split up for you). And if that's not enough to whet your appetites, please visit the official Prince of Persia 3 teaser website. More highlights to come as they're unleashed.