Splinter Cell Chaos Theory
Here's one gift you don't have to wait until X-mas to unwrap. Screenshots inside.
Preview by Chris Bahn (Email)
December 23rd 2004
Following in the holiday spirit, Ubisoft proudly announced today that a special “collector’s edition” of Splinter Cell Chaos Theory will be made available with the standard edition on March 2005.
Bonafide fans can enjoy a bevy of exclusive content packaged in a unique metallic embossed two-DVD box set (think Halo 2). Disc One will contain the full version of the game, while Disc Two fill consist of the making of Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory, development diaries on the A.I., level design, animation, graphic technology and much, much more. In addition, the box set will feature an art gallery, the Penny Arcade training manual, video features and trailers.
PC owners will get a special treat in the form of three playable levels (Kola Cell, Vselka and Vselka Infiltration) from the original Splinter Cell.
Intrigued? Then we definitely encourage you to look into pre-ordering with your local retailer as copies will be in limited quantities. Chaos Theory will be available for all major platforms and retail for $54.99.
- Deadly agility: An incredibly complete and fluid variety of moves including athletic moves, stealth moves, and stealth kills.
- Real weapons of tomorrow: The most complete arsenal of weapons and gadgets, from the knife to the experimental Land Warrior System.
- As good as real: Never-before-seen graphics technology offers the best visuals on any console. Advanced physics engine allowing rag doll physics, particle effects, and perfect interaction with the environment.
- Ultimate challenge: Intelligent AI with personal attributes, natural behavior where NPCs are aware of their environments and remember past events.
- Amazing replayability: Totally open level design with multipaths and optional secondary objectives.
- Co-op stealth: Play multiplayer with friends and coordinate your infiltration in an all-new multiplayer challenge.