"There's No Reason To Do That"
Part two of our discussion on bad UI in games, with a lot of touch screen talk thrown in. Mzo is the best and worst thing about this week's show. Bad/good job!
- The maddening life bars in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
- The litmus test of a good user interface
- Does Skyrim have a terrible UI? Not as bad as Mass Effect's!
- How damage should be represented in games
- MMO snobbery rears its head
- Mzo cheats on Monster Hunter with Tidy Plates (listen longer for his "O" sounds)
- How will touch screens affect console gaming?
- Is Bastion longer than one of our podcasts?
- The downside of Portal 2
- The prescience of Wario Ware
- Pix'n Love Rush is an iOS game worth playing
- Committing to choices in Dark Souls
- To the Moon, a fantastic "visual novel" with some faults
- Why Dragon Nest is not your standard free-to-play MMO
- The best way to solo a multiplayer game
- Monster Hunter as mental illness
- In-game icon epiphanies, African-American icon epiphanies
- Tiny Tower will betray you
- Trine 2 will delight you
- Antisocial hijinks in Saints Row: The Third
- Sonic CD running on Retro Engine
DIRECT PLAYER (may not show in Chrome)
RIGHT-CLICK (CONTROL-CLICK) AND SAVE
Miserable Podcast of Secrets - Episode 8.