Page 11 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 79101112131525 ... LastLast

Thread: The "I Just Watched..." Thread

1. Adam Sandler's:
    Eight CRAZY Nights

It sucked.

2. You had to watch that to confirm it would suck?

3. The only thing it had going for it was that a bunch of ex Iron Giant animators worked on it, so it has a similar look.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Regus View Post
    The only thing it had going for it was that a bunch of ex Iron Giant animators worked on it, so it has a similar look.
    I heart Iron Giant. Adam Sandler got a lot less funny after Happy Gilmore. Or maybe I just got out of middle school. One of those.

5. I have had a run of shit lately..

Simpsons Movie: Was hoping the reason the show has sucked the past couple years was all the talent was working on the movie. Nope.

Live Free Or Die Hard: Wasn't awful, but the action scenes became too comical at the end. And not in a good way. Where in the hell do they build spiraling highways in the middle of nowhere that connect to nothing? LFODH Thats where.

Death Proof: I fucking hated this movie. It has the honor of being the first QT movie I didn't like. I liked the idea of a 70's movie throwback, much like Kill Bill was a throwback to old Kung-Fu flicks, but it just didn't work. The dialog just plodded on and on and on, then the pointless middle of movie action scene, and more dialog, action, and then Kurt Russell suddenly turns into a blubbering pussy for no reason. It annoys me they wrecked at least 2 perfectly good 70's era mopar muscles cars and a Nova to make this movie as well. Those cars deserved better. Watch Vanishing Point if you want a good car chase movie.

Knocked Up: Was a "girls washing dishes playfully with an Aretha Franklin song playing in the background" scene away from becoming a chick flick. Had a couple of good moments, not worthy of the praise I had heard going into it.

Shrek 3: Yes Dreamworks, we know you have excellent music licencing abilites. Was it necessary to get every single hit radio rock song from the 70's AND use it in this movie?

6. The Number 23: It is okay.

7. Watched The Bad and the Beautiful (1952) with Kirk Douglas and Lana Turner earlier today. Really great movie about the shittiness of Hollywood.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Wildkat View Post
    Where in the hell do they build spiraling highways in the middle of nowhere that connect to nothing?

The Escher Dimension?

Satoshi Kon: 1963-2010

9. Quote Originally Posted by kingoffighters View Post
    The Number 23: It is okay.
    This is one of those movies that has an excellent premise, but the film makers fail to push that premise to its limits, so you end up with this middle of the road exercise in mediocrity and disappointment. Another recent movie that falls into this category is Stranger than Fiction.

10. Speaking of StF, I need to sit down and watch that too.