Page 4 of 108 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking to Build a Desktop

1. how is this then?
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16820145347

edit: no, not interested in overclocking.
    Last edited by Some Stupid Japanese Name; 09 Feb 2012 at 12:00 PM.

2. I'd get a $60 antec case over the rosewill one, but that's pretty much based on personal opinion alone (I really don't like in-house brands of anything)

the antec 300 for the same price is a really nice budget case, I got one last year because I needed more room for hard drives (it's got 6 3.5" internals and a spot to mount a SSD) but I did need to get a new PSU with it because my current-at-the-time psu didn't have long enough mobo power cables

e: but I guess you're getting that case for the front panel usb3 ports? in that case go for the rosewill
    Last edited by cka; 10 Feb 2012 at 07:38 PM.

3. Uh...yeah! The front usb3 ports!
    Not really though. It looked ok and was kinda cheap. And I like blue.

4. So now I need a keyboard/mouse.
    I know I saw some of you guys talking about a mouse a few days ago, but I can't remember where.
    I don't think I care if the keyboard is mechanical, but I would like it to be back lit (preferably blue, but not that big of a deal) and if not wireless it needs to have at least a ten foot cord.

5. Keyboard: I use a G15, it's backlit, but orange.
    Mouse: Yoshi and I use a G500, it's wired, and pretty long.

6. Cool. I got a best buy $15 reward certificate so I can get the mouse for $38 after tax.

7. I finally got a chance to test out the new rig with Witcher 2. I set the specs to ultra and am all disappointed. It's a framey mess. Will a better graphic card remedy that or did I completely fuck up and should have got an i7 as well as better card.

8. Ultra is too much for a 460 gtx, I have that card and it runs like butter on high. Though I do have an i7 as well.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

9. I want to convert my desktop into a HTPC. Any case, keyboard, and remote recommendations?

Do people still mostly use XBMC or is Windows Media Center acceptable?
    The spirit of liberty is the spirit which is not too sure it is always right. -Learned Hand

"Jesus christ you are still THE WORST." -FirstBlood

10. Yeah, it runs great on high, but I want ultra. So if the 460 can't do it, what card can.