Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 5789101113 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting Involved - Making Your State Better

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    All he did was bend over to answer a question from a student in front of her. Saying, "Excuse me" didn't work.
    God help a child who attempted that with me. I'd put her through the wall by her throat.

2. After the months of recovery and rehab from getting your back broken. Sure.
    "To improve is to change; to be perfect is to change often." -- Winston Churchill

If I could move and get a hold of her, she'd probably almost die or just die. Things might actually go worse for her if I think my life is really at risk. She'd have to put me down in the first strike.

I'm not saying that to sound cool. I just know how I react and if I felt pain and thought my life was in danger, I'd just be running on automatic after that.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I'm not sure why someone who was apparently bullied so mercilessly would be cool with it happening to other people.

It's just not a good thing at all, for anyone.
    This.

Every kid has to deal with some form of teasing and the like but things can get very extreme. I won't lie, I got harassed a good deal in middle school because I liked Star Wars and computers and also could be a little socially awkward. I eventually learned to deal with it better when I got older but I naturally try to avoid conflictive situations and would generally just try and avoid the harrasment or escalating it. While I don't go to bed at night crying myself to sleep over something somebody said 15 years ago, I still deal with a lot of self confidence issues and am often overly worried about what other people think about me. I didn't do anything to deserve any of it and my reaction at the time doesn't make me into a bad person or some waste of life.

Interesting that this thread got brought up. I've been thinking very hard about doing some type of community service/outreach stuff lately; maybe even to the extent of making a career out of it. Thing is, I really have no idea where to start. I like doing stuff with animals and kids and am into revitalizing neighborhoods. I guess I also like outdoor stuff like parks and other forms of recreation.
    http://www.the-nextlevel.com/board/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1739&dateline=1225393453

Yeah, you're not getting up and kicking ass after having your back broken. I have some experience with this.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

Quote Originally Posted by Type Ryan View Post
    Shit, my old Spanish teacher in high school retired after being beat up by a girl with a baseball bat (the bat was there for a pinata the Spanish club or something). All he did was bend over to answer a question from a student in front of her. Her personal space was apparently violated, but saying "Excuse me" didn't work for her.
    That has absolutely nothing to do with bullying. It's cut and dry assault, and that bitch was probably a snowflake kid.

8. That's battery, not assault.

I guess there isn't much threatening involved in a blind side attack, so you're right.

Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah, you're not getting up and kicking ass after having your back broken. I have some experience with this.
    I just have a hard time believing a kid did that in the first strike.

just 'pop' broken back

were they 80? Was the kid on roids?