Page 28 of 968 FirstFirst ... 142426272829303242 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    Environmental/meteorological brain drain to scandinavia, chooooo chooooooooo!
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

2. This hacking story is driving me nuts and freaking me out. What's freaking me out more is people in government freaking out about it and releasing it before Obama got the consensus he was looking for.

This article makes sense of it, but who knows how true it is? https://www.emptywheel.net/2016/12/0...tube-footnote/

3. He would have won either way. Russian hackers, white supremacists, fake news, and memes are just excuses for Clinton's failure to appeal to a majority of voters.

4. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    He would have won either way. Russian hackers, white supremacists, fake news, and memes are just excuses for Clinton's failure to appeal to a majority of voters.
    Clinton won the majority vote by two points, and lost key states by a fraction of a percent. Almost ANYTHING could have cost her to the election, because she lost it by such a razor-thin margin.

Yeah, sure, there are much larger factors at work, but if you think those email hacks didn't amplify concerns about her personal email server enough to cost her a few thousand votes in Wisconsin and Michigan, I think you're in denial.

5. All those same factors also could have worked against Trump because of the alarmist response.

6. Quote Originally Posted by ChaoofNee View Post
    This hacking story is driving me nuts and freaking me out. What's freaking me out more is people in government freaking out about it and releasing it before Obama got the consensus he was looking for.

This article makes sense of it, but who knows how true it is? https://www.emptywheel.net/2016/12/0...tube-footnote/
    You think Obama's gonna get a consensus that depends on Republicans? Have you been asleep the past 8 years? They won't do that for things that would make them look good! They sure as shit won't do it for something that implicates them.

I mean, the briefing came before the election. Dems tried to play it safe and not blow it up into a public investigation unless it came forth as a bipartisan effort, for fear of it being perceived as them trying to influence the election.

You can be 100% certain that if roles were reversed, Reps would have leaked that shit without the faintest hint of concern at whether it would cause any undue influence or whether it was based on tenuous, unofficial connections. The fact they said "nah" to outing this, then proceeded to fan the flames of a bogus e-mail issue whose proximity to the election absolutely influenced some votes, should say it all. The double standards on display couldn't possibly be clearer.

The only thing you should be concerned about with Dems' actions in this situation is their lack of conviction and their utter naivete. Obama staking the pursuit of action on a concerning issue on whether Republicans will work with him... Alex, I'm gonna go with "What is the definition of insanity?"
    Last edited by Bacon McShig; 10 Dec 2016 at 11:07 AM.

7. I really hope Trump is a Russian operative. Let's all get on the same side and lay waste to Saudi Arabia.

8. So now Trump is saying he's going to produce Celebrity Apprentice in his spare time.

9. Small potatoes, imo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. He's the executive producer. That just means he cashes a check. Let's pick out battles here.

Also, Bacon, the Democrats absolutely spread red panic regarding Russian hacking. During one of the debates Clinton implied the Wikileaks emails exposing her campaign getting questions in advance were Russian propaganda. It was everywhere.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 10 Dec 2016 at 11:46 AM.