Page 66 of 968 FirstFirst ... 526264656667687080 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. Or to quote /pol/

>How can you vote for this??
    The rationale you're looking for is "FUCK YOU."

That's how. I voted because fuck you. I voted for Trump because fuck you. Donald Trump is the shitpost president. I don't care what he did, does or will do. Fuck you. I don't care. Fuck you.
    I make the best threads.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite View Post
    So this is today at that guy's house that's around the corner from my post office.
    I really admire that guy's commitment to trolling.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    You have to understand that, to the neophytes, it wasn't a choice like that. It was a hope that putting the "Mad Max documentary of the future" in power was going to break things.

To use what Cheeks said, they not only didn't bother taking either bag, they also lit a small fire they hope will burn down the entire farm.

The fire has already been extinguished and nothing is or will be broken how they hope but that's the way of things. Over the next few years they'll realize that our political system can weather some serious storms without being any worse for the wear and then they'll either fall into "lesser of two evils" voting or not caring at all.

I get that, I really do. It's just frustrating seeing all the damage these assholes will do over the next few years that will need to be repaired, just to get back to where we were before with no effective change. Some of the things being taken away won't be able to be restored, and there's no reason for it beyond pure destructiveness.

4. I wonder if the sign man has his own large format printer at home or if he goes to Kinko's to get the stuff printed out?
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

5. Or it could be that in your mind it's Mad Max vs some stuff that may be annoying and misguided but ok overall.

I talked to some of my family before the election and Obama has been a disaster for them in downtrodden areas. As crazy as that may sound to someone in Beacon Hill or whatever it's how it has gone.

With the opioid epidemic now in full swing it's not so much Mad Max but more like Walking Dead. Obama and HRC pushed a highly paid professional, technocratic world of Harvard grads that really has no place for vast amounts of Americans. And the past 8 years had been good for those people. But for a lot of others, the idea of more of the same really was a horror show.

And let's be honest. Dems said that Mitt Romney and John McCain were the worst ever. I think there was some boy crying wolf going on.

6. It's like no one took a business or psychology class where they talked about marketing.

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Some of the things being taken away won't be able to be restored, and there's no reason for it beyond pure destructiveness.
    Do you care to expand so we may place bets for the future?
    Last edited by Doc Holliday; 17 Jan 2017 at 04:58 PM.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

7. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    I really admire that guy's commitment to trolling.
    I know. I need to meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I wonder if the sign man has his own large format printer at home or if he goes to Kinko's to get the stuff printed out?
    I also need to know the answer to this.

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    With the opioid epidemic now in full swing
    Holy shit this is crazy and depressing. Five people I went to school with have died after OD'ing, I'm guessing due to fentanyl. What changed? People are saying that medical plans have been scaling back coverage/allowance for prescription painkillers, leading to people getting cheap heroin for their fix but that's not backed up by anything I've read. John Oliver devoted a nightly topic to it but only glanced on the causes.

8. There's a good book on the topic named "Dreamland" by Sam Quinones. Much better than any info you'll get from Current Year. Really goes in depth to tell the full story.

9. Thanks - I'm headed to B&N this weekend because I'm a dinosaur who buys physical books, I will check it out and probably buy it.

Also, perhaps this goes into the Obama thread but: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/p...ning/96678814/

10. I only know anecdotes from by brother's trip to rehab and 60 year old junkies who never did drugs for 50 years.