Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst ... 689101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite: Capcom Cinematic Universe

1. Quote Originally Posted by magnifiedplaid View Post
    I...the character models are blah
    They're outright offensive.

2. Holy shit does that look horrible. The proportions are straight out of Fist of the North Star.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

3. The models/animations are pretty solid in-game. But in the story cinematics they probably just pulled the models and rigged them to animations they weren't built for - especially spiderman who is never standing straight up like that.

I think the faces are the worst part. Everyone looks terrible. And you have to see them all the time at character select and win-screens.

4. This thing looks like a scaled-up mobile game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. They're just so bland. They look like the stuff you see when the ad for Local For-Profit Technical College cuts to a kid's screen.

All the other Vs games have a stylistic through-line. We can tell MvC2 Ryu art from 3S Ryu art. The MvC2 Ryu portrait would look out of place in 3S. Even SF4 assets all have an SF4-ness to them that ties all of the characters 1. to SF4 specifically and 2. to each other.

Nothing about this Spiderman ties him to the other characters or to MvC:I aside from "it sucks." And it wouldn't necessarily look out of place anywhere because there is no MvC:I aesthetic beyond "it sucks."
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 20 Sep 2017 at 10:43 AM.

6. I thought MVC3 really looked terrific, especially the character models. This makes me sad.

7. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some direction from Marvel to move away from the MvC3 style. I'm reminded of the awful new Marvel Studios intro that cuts the flipping comic book pages in favor of clips of ALL YOUR FAVORITE IRL AVENGERS.

8. There's just no contrast on anything. It looks like they're using the lighting from beta KOFXIV.

9. I downloaded the demo and then realized the error of my way.

10. Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    holy shit