Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 35678911 ... LastLast

Thread: Cuphead (PC, One, SMS)

you're fucking with me? There is a 20 second sample of it 30 seconds in

I mostly love the small touches of this game. Like when you fight the big slime how he grumbles like Bluto.

I have noticed a few small things not true to the period though. A few gestures and characters look more like Joe Murray and J. G. Quintel than anything else. The fucking clown is a pretty good example of one that doesn't really look period accurate when you look at it.

But whatever. It was probably a small team with different people working on different bosses. So I guess that sort of thing happens.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    Anyone catch the mario reference in the carnival music?
    Yup. Clear as day. Nice touch.

4. This is terrific! Cleared the first map in one siting, fighting the clown now. I find I catch most of my deaths from chasing down pink objects to parry and being bad at parrying.

The animation and the aesthetic are absolutely delightful. Having dash mapped to Y by default is not.

I really want that Mega Man X placement and/or a directional double tap --BUT, the developers knew what they were doing, and the default layout *does work well*. I just get tripped up by old habits.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 02 Oct 2017 at 04:30 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    you're fucking with me? There is a 20 second sample of it 30 seconds in

The entire track is basically a mario remix
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

6. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post

The animation and the aesthetic are absolutely delightful. Having dash mapped to Y by default is not.
    Yeah, this feels wrong, but I haven't honestly found something better... I feel like it should either be double left/right, or that there should be auto-fire and neither of those are a thing.

I always map Megaman X like that anyway (dash is SNES button X) and I'm not sure I could play as well without it. You can do some crazy shit by being able to hit all three buttons at once.

Yeah, I hate where the dash is.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah, this feels wrong, but I haven't honestly found something better...
    Right trigger.

10. I'm still digging this game, but there's no mistaking it for any of the boss rush games of the 16-bit era. It's the little things. Supers, for example, should have a few frames of invulnerability after ending, force their target into hit stun, or both so you don't just land on something that wasn't there when you started supering six seconds ago. Fodder run and gun enemies should take fewer hits to lend a sense of power. Those little gumball bullets from the grenade gun should have unique, pronounced visual and sound effects on hit so they don't feel like dookie.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 02 Oct 2017 at 12:30 PM.