Page 53 of 121 FirstFirst ... 394951525354555767 ... LastLast

Thread: Marvel Movies: Phase 3 and Beyond

1. Not if Fox does it. But if it were in the MCU that’s a good spot to recast and integrate the entire mutant cast.

I’m not sure how I feel about Disney owning everything. A Netflix alt would be shit. Netflix is perfect the way it is.

2. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I really don't need to see Wolverine recast.
    If Disney money can convince Harrison Ford to come back to Star Wars it can convince Hugh Jackman to come back to Wolvie.

3. He's actually said in interviews joining/teaming up with the Avengers is the one thing that will get him to come back to the role.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids

I really hope he does and I really hope he doesn’t.

5. Well, one thing to bear in mind is that when he said that he was probably envisioning working with RDJ, Scarlett Johansen, and the Chrises Evans and Hemsworth, but by the time it actually becomes a possibility in a future where Disney and Fox come back to the table and close this deal, the (big screen) Avengers will probably consist of Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and maybe Ant-Man and/or The Wasp, with all the current members either retired or dead* in the wake of Infinity War and its sequel (until they all inevitably get revived and recast a phase or two down the line), and who knows if he'd even still be interested at that point.

*edit: actually, Vision and Scarlet Witch will probably survive too, since they're much more recent additions and probably have a bunch of films left on their contracts. And I half-expect Quicksilver to be resurrected or saved via time travel or something in the coming Thanos duology.
    Last edited by Space Pirate Roberts; 09 Nov 2017 at 12:35 AM.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I really hope he does and I really hope he doesn’t.
    It would take a lot away from Logan. I hope they don't.
    Check out Mr. Businessman
    He bought some wild, wild life
    On the way to the stock exchange
    He got some wild, wild life

7. The continuing existence of the X-Men franchise will eventually cancel out Logan anyway - even if Wolverine himself never appears again, the future timeline the film takes place in will be contradicted. Fox has never cared about continuity. They made Emma Frost an adult in the 60s after they'd already shown her as a teen in the late 80s/early 90s (whenever exactly Wolverine Origins happened).

8. A writer's strike happened to Wolverine Origins.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

9. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    He's actually said in interviews joining/teaming up with the Avengers is the one thing that will get him to come back to the role.
    They can’t. If they integrate mutants in to MCU it has to be a new start, casting-wise. Otherwise you’re bringing on all the baggage accrued by the series up until that point.

I loved Jackman as Wolvie though.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Space Pirate Roberts View Post
    Well, one thing to bear in mind is that when he said that he was probably envisioning working with RDJ, Scarlett Johansen, and the Chrises Evans and Hemsworth, but by the time it actually becomes a possibility in a future where Disney and Fox come back to the table and close this deal, the (big screen) Avengers will probably consist of Doctor Strange, Captain Marvel, Black Panther, Spider-Man, and maybe Ant-Man and/or The Wasp, with all the current members either retired or dead* in the wake of Infinity War and its sequel (until they all inevitably get revived and recast a phase or two down the line), and who knows if he'd even still be interested at that point.

*edit: actually, Vision and Scarlet Witch will probably survive too, since they're much more recent additions and probably have a bunch of films left on their contracts. And I half-expect Quicksilver to be resurrected or saved via time travel or something in the coming Thanos duology.
    It's a comic book movie. None of the characters will really die. They'll be killed, and the Adam Warlock or someone else will take the gauntlet and bring them all back.