Page 5 of 110 FirstFirst ... 34567919 ... LastLast

Thread: Grand Theft Auto 5

1. Also because some idiot I know said a V on the $5 bill never happened, here's a history lesson for other retards:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Q4RnQ.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	336.2 KB 
ID:	63499

2. HEY ROCKSTAR

make a good port of it for PC
    I'm always trading my first page, and my inventory.

Add me if you are interested

3. Impact font for added impact.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Anyone who thought they would set the game outside the US evidently hasn't been paying attention - the series is rooted in American culture and has been from day one (with the obvious exception of the London expansion pack for GTA1).
    It's rooted in a bunch of Europeans' idea of American culture as expressed through movies and TV, anyway, but they're not American games by any stretch of the imagination. If anything they're the games that brought Euro-style open world gaming to America.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 25 Oct 2011 at 10:37 PM.

5. Honestly I think it'd be awesome if you were a cop / police officer in this one instead of a thug and had to stop bank heists and stuff like that. Or maybe a dual-single player mode in which you can choose to be the bank robber or the cop trying to take them out (ala The Town or Heat). I'm tired of their really shitty missions as well. I found it a chore to get through everything. Red Dead was head and shoulders above it so hopefully they use that game to base their story design on for this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by rezo
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

6. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    It's been backward steps ever since.
    All one of them? Or are you complaining about the portable games?

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Honestly I think it'd be awesome if you were a cop / police officer in this one instead of a thug and had to stop bank heists and stuff like that.
    That was called LA Noire, but I'd love to see a pseudo sequel set today. Hell, throw LA Noire and Hot Pursuit in a blender, and I'd have joygasms.

8. Fuck clues and shit. If you include them don't make them tedious like LA Noire. Following clues and stuff should be fun. Not FIND CLUE -> CHASE SEQUENCE -> FIST FIGHT -> INTERROGATION. Make it like The Wire where you're setting shit up on people and collecting info that way. And of course make it your partner who's stuck in the van listening to the transmissions while the main character is out at shootouts. The opposite can be true if you choose to be the criminal - make sure you're not being followed or tapped or set up.

That Payday heist game is really fun. Adding stuff like that to the game would be pretty awesome. I loved robbing stage coaches in Red Dead with friends. Like if it's open world and you choose the criminal maybe to get started you need money. So you can do jobs for the local fence, or be a snitch, or just outright rob a bank and clean the bills. Then take that coin back to the hook-up and get some drugs in childrens hands. There are enough options these days that poorly-controlled chases aren't enough.
    Last edited by Drewbacca; 26 Oct 2011 at 11:43 AM.
    Once, a gang of fat girls threatened to beat me up for not cottoning to their advances. As they explained it to me: "guys can usually beat up girls, but we are all fat, and there are a lot of us."

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    That Payday heist game is really fun.
    Shit. I forgot to buy that.

10. You have to cut the cameras and stop people from ringing the alarm quickly. They did a good job. That kind of stuff is the nitty-gritty about heists. Like if you were going to rob a bank these are the things you'd have to think about. So put those kind of mechanics in to the crime aspect of GTA. That's what the series needs now. Just running around an sandbox full of cars driving about and causing 30 car pile-ups isn't enough anymore.