Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Best Computer Games, circa 1995

1. Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

2. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    Lol. The hillarious thing is that I actually did DL TMN when the TM thread got bumped earlier today.

But I haven't installed it yet. Starforce gives me the willies.
    The one coming out tomorrow has no Starforce.

3. My first suggestion was gonna be X-Com, but epmode knows what's up. But then he said that dosbox could die so he can totally die.

I have MechWarrior 2 lying around. Thought it was slow when I was a kid, but I might enjoy it today. How does Earthsiege 2 stack up?

I loved the floppy disc version of X-Wing on my parents' old 486 laptop, but again, I was really really young. Tie Fighter might be awesome. I got it a while ago, but haven't really dug into it. BUT I still have Freespace/Freespace 2 to play. And I can use a 360 controller with Freespace but not Tie Fighter. WHAT DO I DO TNL?

On my to-play list from this era are System Shock (put in a couple hours ages ago, seems awesome, interface takes adjusting), The Neverhood, and Under a Killing Moon.

And I will punch people that don't download Nations Forever.

Someone already mentioned Wing Commander 3 and 4, but I would add WC: Privateer to the list. It's technically a DOS game, but it ran great on my first 95 computer, and the "EA Classics" version automatically set up the 95 restart shortcuts so you don't have to deal with DOS bullshit.

WC: Kilrathi saga was a collection of 1-3, optimized for Win 95. It used to go for ridiculous amounts of money, but if you can get your hands on it (or get some ISOs) it is great to play the old shit. It is my favorite game from the Win 95 time period, WC2 is still excellent, even if it is butt ass ugly.
    Last edited by GohanX; 15 Apr 2008 at 04:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

5. I forgot Harpoon. I used to love that wargame. Never played Harpoon 2 though.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Tain View Post
    My first suggestion was gonna be X-Com, but epmode knows what's up. But then he said that dosbox could die so he can totally die.
    Dosbox hates me. Or my Under A Killing Moon CD, I'm not sure.

I'LL TRY TO FIGURE IT OUT AGAIN, OK?

7. While I have no problem with other people bootlegging old stuff like this, I prefer to have the real thing, which puts some of this stuff out of my range. My days of paying $70 and up for old games are far behind me.
    So far I've bought Under A Killing Moon (~$30 complete shipped), and have bids on Tie Fighter, Full Throttle, X-Com, and The Dig.

8. When did Dark Forces come out? 95, right?

Good game, get it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Give Ultima 7 a shot. As usual for Origin games of the era, it ran like garbage on systems of the time but it should run fine on 1995-level technology.

10. Scorched Earth

Awesome multiplay tank game.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.