Page 18 of 38 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: Broken Age (formerly Double Fine Adventure) (Finally complete!)

1. holy shit Firstpoop.

I pray to god you only know that because Frog quoted it and not because you took me off ignore.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I guess you're right about it being a bargain if you compare it to all the other adventure games out there with similar or smaller budgets that come out for like $30
    Speaking of which - have you played the Back to the Future ones? I saw it on Wii for $20 new and was tempted. Although the Sam & Max port on it was terribly done...but still very tempted...
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.

4. Lame, by-the-numbers Telltale drek.

They did a pretty good job but they're held back enormously in my eyes by the episodic content and the same-y, generic look of their Telltale engine design.

Story was ok, I had fun with it. Definitely feels limited. They want to do more but are crammed into this little Telltale box.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Quote Originally Posted by Hero View Post
    Speaking of which - have you played the Back to the Future ones? I saw it on Wii for $20 new and was tempted. Although the Sam & Max port on it was terribly done...but still very tempted...
    If you like Telltale games, its neither their best nor their worst, but it targets experienced gamers less than Sam and Max and Monkey Island, so expect kind of easy puzzles and all. Good voice acting and music, though, I didn't hate it.

7. Click for full size

Starting to fall off. Looks like it's time for Double Fine to set some new goals, make some new promises and get this thing started up again. Even still it should hit 2 million, but if they put some effort in they can probably do 2.5.

8. Or they could just make the game. I like that option more.

9. Double Fine has weeks left before the Kickstarter ends. They can either be happy with what they've got and see it top off a about $2 million-ish, or they can start communicating with that handy Update feature and maybe put a nice dent into the operating budget of another project. Their choice, but I'm thinking the second option would be the better call.

James

10. I can't really bring myself to be interested in their future projects if I have no idea how this one will end up.