Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 79101112 LastLast

Thread: Spider-Man Homecoming July 2017

1. And then you beat her, right? Monster.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Is it the best movie ever? I mean, is there such a thing?
    Yes, I watched it last night. Robocop.

3. Robocop is great, but it's no Cabin Boy.

4. Would you like to buy a monkey?
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

5. Saw this before we headed off to the beach last week, holy shit that car scene.

6. Why is Flash so hard gay.

Really liked this one, and I've never liked any of the Spider-man movies to date. The worst parts were Flash as a weird, little, scrawny Indian kid and the Iron Man Spider Suit. He doesn't need all that crazy tech, get it out of here. Loved Michael Keaton, so happy to see him in shit again. The twist legit got me and I'm sure it's been at least a decade since I didn't see one coming from a mile away. The new MJ giving him the finger as a greeting at the dance was a great touch. Extreme Ghostbusters is so fucking jealous of the diversity in this movie.

Fun all around, good comedy.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    I really don't get why people are so excited to see all these characters cross over, though. Civil War was a horrendous clusterfuck of writers coming up with match-ups and then then hammering out some bullshit to get them in a room together, regardless of whether or not any of it followed from the story or characters. I really liked it better when Spider-Man was separate from the Avengers.
    I think you're reading too much into this. As a lifelong comic fan, I was happy just to see them kick the shit out of each other. I didn't need much more reason than "they're in the same room together." It's not like this is going to be Oscar material. Like 99% of comics, the plot serves just to get super beings together to break shit. Going all Siskel and Ebert on it will drive you crazy. It's like when people criticize the plot holes and labored stories of the Transformers films. They 20-foot tall alien robots blowing shit up. That's all it's meant to be.

9. Ebert loved Spider-man 2!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Melf View Post
    I think you're reading too much into this. As a lifelong comic fan, I was happy just to see them kick the shit out of each other. I didn't need much more reason than "they're in the same room together." It's not like this is going to be Oscar material. Like 99% of comics, the plot serves just to get super beings together to break shit. Going all Siskel and Ebert on it will drive you crazy. It's like when people criticize the plot holes and labored stories of the Transformers films. They 20-foot tall alien robots blowing shit up. That's all it's meant to be.
    The Transformers movies COULD be good though. It's a damn shame they're not.

If you're gonna spend $150 million on a movie it should have more of a reason to exist than to "get the gang back together."

As ARBM points out, Ebert reviewed movies on their own terms. A good comic book flick wasn't criticized for not being La Dolce Vita.
    Last edited by Diff-chan; 21 Jul 2017 at 02:37 PM.