Page 9 of 1237 FirstFirst ... 578910111323 ... LastLast

Thread: The Obama Presidency

1. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    News is lifting limits on family planning that gagged people from mentioning abortion,
    "Mentioning abortion" isn't the issue here. The issue is my tax dollars funding abortions in Nigeria, while American taxpayers lose their homes to foreclosure and watch their children go hungry at night. Fuck that shit.

or deciding that warrantless wiretapping is A-OK!
    Actually, that's pretty fucking disturbing. But I'm not surprised. Our "two-party system" is the biggest and most successful smoke-and-mirrors job ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

2. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    "Mentioning abortion" isn't the issue here. The issue is my tax dollars funding abortions in Nigeria, while American taxpayers lose their homes to foreclosure and watch their children go hungry at night. Fuck that shit.
    But those two aren't related. If we hadn't fucked up the bank bailout completely it wouldn't have made a bit of difference in funding of Nigerian abortion clinics. It's never been, and never will be, save the $100 spent over there to plug the $1,000,000,000 hole over here. Plus I'm not seeing an increase in funding mentioned anywhere, simply a change in rules as to how and where the same amount of money can be spent.

James
    Last edited by James; 24 Jan 2009 at 10:24 PM.

3. Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    But those two aren't related. If we hadn't fucked up the bank bailout completely it wouldn't have made a bit of difference in funding of Nigerian abortion clinics.
    Don't even get me started on the damn bailout. It was a terrible idea from the get-go. Now the banks are still fucked, and we're out $700B. Well done, Washington.

It's never been, and never will be, save the $100 spent over there to plug the $1,000,000,000 hole over here. Plus I'm not seeing an increase in funding mentioned anywhere, simply a change in rules as to how and where the same amount of money can be spent.
    The fact that we're even considering foreign aid when we are hemorrhaging domestically is borderline fucking criminal. Now food and clean water are one thing. But abortions? Shit, let's throw in some PS3s while we're at it.

Sorry, but starving American children come first in my book.

You said at the beginning of your post that the two aren't related. The relation is that all the money comes from the same place at the end of the day: us. Throwing any amount of money at the third world makes about as much sense as throwing it at a failing bank. Would it really be so bad to put a pause to the Great American Giveaway long enough to take care of those who are actually subject to, and owners of, the system?
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. i'd like to report that razor ramon really is hard gay, and that he is too cheap to buy the gears or war map pack

also plz blv Obama seriously will be cleaning up:

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamahandgun.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	17.1 KB 
ID:	43452   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamauzi.jpg 
Views:	606 
Size:	16.5 KB 
ID:	43453   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obamaninja250.jpg 
Views:	613 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	43454   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	obama-wan.jpg 
Views:	620 
Size:	71.9 KB 
ID:	43455  

5. Stem Cells sound yummy. Do ones from black babies taste like chocolate?

6. Quote Originally Posted by Advocate View Post
    TODE
    Fight Club or it didn't happen.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

7. shut the fuck up you dickwad.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

8. I really have no idea what is bringing this on, to be honest. If it's a rib on me, I'm missing it, and fighters.net was nearly TEN YEARS AGO for crying out loud.
    Last edited by TODE; 25 Jan 2009 at 12:20 AM.
    tweet the wet sprocket

ultimate showdown

9. Quote Originally Posted by squall_vb View Post
    Actually, that's pretty fucking disturbing. But I'm not surprised. Our "two-party system" is the biggest and most successful smoke-and-mirrors job ever.
    I mentioned this right after Obama received the Democratic nomination and no one gave a fuck. He's the same as previous presidents but the dumbasses make him out to be Jesus.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    lowball tactics
    In all truth I don't see what's lowball about the situation. If you're given the surprise opportunity to talk candidly with the president, of course you're gonna want to ask some questions and get some info. Now if the question is agreeable with him, does it then become ok to do? Is it only slimy if the question is vexing?

What difference does it make if he asked then or during a press conference? The answer would be (hopefully) the same either way. The only difference is the President used the context as a means to avoid the answer.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diff-chan View Post
    Careful. We're talking about games here. Fun isn't part of it.