Page 76 of 78 FirstFirst ... 62727475767778 LastLast

Thread: Opie and Anthony

1. The last time I listened to Savage was like, Teri Schiavo. The guy is a psycho.

2. I tapped out when he started doing prerecorded interviews a lot. I mean the kind where the guest has prerecorded answers and the host cuts in with pre-scripted questions. Also, terrestrial. One thing satellite has completely spoiled me on are segments that are able to breathe. Fuck cutting to break every 3-5 minutes.

Listen to the entire Ted talk podcast show archive.

4. Garbage person Anthony in trouble again.

http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...ome-1.11248018

5. This is actual trouble. Since he's self-employed now I wonder what it'll do to his subscriber base. If Keith the Cop is still around I'm sure he's looking for an exit right now (iirc he helped Ant set it up).

6. This girl is the daughter of Vinnie Brand (the kermit-voiced owner of the Stress Factory), too.

7. Wow, really? This is going to be interesting.

8. So Opie put the word out that he is no longer doing morning radio, he's no longer doing radio with Jim Norton, and Jim and Sam will be doing mornings from here on out. It was pretty obvious they were testing the waters with it these past couple weeks, this just cements it. Between Ant's revelations after his firing, and now Jim firing shots on Twitter, I can't imagine what a miserable fucking experience it must have been working with Opie.

But yeah, this is a good move. The Jim/Sam shows were the funniest radio I've heard in years.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

9. gregshells.

I stopped listening to O&A long before the split but I'll occasionally listen to clips on youtube- basically whenever I see there's been a fight. Last one I listened to was when Opie had D L Hugley in despite knowing that Jimmy had a problem with him, and Opie's solution was to tell Jimmy he could leave early if he wanted. I don't know the dude, but aside from Brother frickin' Wease (who's about as hack radio as can be), he doesn't seem to have much respect for the people he works with.

10. What the hell kind of name is Opie anyway