Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123457 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing? (Fall, 2014)

1. Playing Dreamfall. I beat this one back when it was new, and had mixed feelings, but now I'm going through again to prepare for the sequel.

It's still a pretty flawed game. There are more moments of real adventure gaming than I remembered, but the fetch questing is just mindless. Go here and find thing for someone, who then wants something in exchange, who then needs you to talk to this person... None of which meaningfully advances the plot. It just comes off as busy work.

When it's actually telling a story or being a game, it can be very good, but a lot of time it feels like a walking simulator.

I didn't like Dreamfall as much the second time. I do want to play The Longest Journey again before playing the new game. The two times I previously played it, my PC died before the end. It really is the longest journey for me to actually beat the damn thing.

3. How many PC's have to die before you get over your obsession?!

4. Three strikes, you're out.

5. Injustice - Played through story mode and I liked it more than I thought I would. It definitely feels better than MK9 and didn't seem quite as stiff as I thought it looked when I previously saw videos. I still wouldn't play it over pretty much any other mainstream fighting game but the single player stuff was nice.

Teleglitch - This is pretty great.

Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Full Burst 3 Legend of the Ninja Mountain - I wanted a CyberConnect2 game and I certainly got it. The gameplay is like a more robust version of Asura's Wrath and does a pretty good job of playable anime. The scenes between fights and story that let me wander around towns and paths are just pointless, and they could have gone with the more trimmed down approach of Asura and been much better off.

6. Going through some oldies.... Super Mario Bros. All Star, Silent Hill, Colony Wars, G-Police, and Mortal Kombat Trilogy.

7. With all of the current gen re-releases coming out it's such a bummer that they still haven't announced Dark Souls 2 for XB1/PS4.

8. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    I didn't like Dreamfall as much the second time. I do want to play The Longest Journey again before playing the new game. The two times I previously played it, my PC died before the end. It really is the longest journey for me to actually beat the damn thing.
    I've still never finished TLJ either but I don't really feel motivated too. I found the dialog really stiff and the puzzle design not that great and occasionally infuriating. Some of the tie-ins to Dreamfall add to the experience but it's not like a super direct sequel.

I get the impression that Chapters will tie in more closely to Dreamfall than to TLJ

9. I'm still way into Destiny. The core shooting gameplay is very good, and the quest for loot gives me something to work towards.

Even though Diablo III handles loot in a more satisfying way, the minute-to-minute gameplay doesn't even come close to Destiny. I'm eagerly awaiting the expansions.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    With all of the current gen re-releases coming out it's such a bummer that they still haven't announced Dark Souls 2 for XB1/PS4.
    Don't mention this unless it's actually happening! Asshole.
    Xbox Live- SamuraiMoogle