Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 234568 ... LastLast

Thread: North Texas hail pounded my home and vehicles.

1. They need to sack up, stop being a doormat, go in there and get that money.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

2. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    I have been in an 11 month insurance battle. I feel your pain.
    What kind of claim were you involve in?

The roof and AC unit have been replaced. 3/4 of my roof now has radiant barrier, while the other 1/4 is the old decking.

I don't know why this picture is sideways.

The new AC unit is pretty cool. We can control the temperature of the house with a remote app.

Attached Images Attached Images

Burglary. They're being VERY difficult with the depreciation or whatever the fuck.

4. nice house!

5. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Burglary. They're being VERY difficult with the depreciation or whatever the fuck.
    Have you told them you identified the bulgar as Sam Hyde?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post
    Yeah, you pretty much have to lie to them when you file your loss. When I had my video game stuff stolen from our apartment, we added stuff like my wife's gold necklace, my Sega Saturn stuff (it wasn't stolen) and a laptop that I didn't really own.

I keep receipts for everything that is worth over $50, and when it came time to file a claim, I had a boatload of receipts to back it up.

We bought this house about a year after that 2003 robbery, and decided to get a house that was outside of the Dallas city limits.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    nice house!
    Thanks!

We've had this house since 2004, and really like the town it's in.
    Last edited by gamevet; 13 Aug 2016 at 03:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by gamevet View Post
    Yeah, you pretty much have to lie to them when you file your loss.
    But... but, that's illegal.

Sweet side-talkin' AC unit, btw.

8. Lennox AC's fucking rule. I'd be boiling in my own skin right now if it wasn't for mine.

How much is that house and what are your property taxes, if you don't mind answering? We have a house in new jersey and I like to compare the property values to see how much better we could be living somewhere else.
    Pete DeBoer's Tie
    There are no rules, only consequences.

10. This is our house: http://www.zillow.com/homedetails/12...11087145_zpid/

We could buy it for 115k through a lease option.

Property taxes are roughly 900.
    Boo, Hiss.