Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 810111213 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August is too damn hot edition.

1. A physical Switch version is coming out in October of Axiom Verge.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

2. I will get that.
    I love the Power Glove. It's so bad.

3. It's fucking $40 for no reason other than Nintendo
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

4. That's the version with a sound track CD, the version without it is 29.99 and if you have prime it's 23.99.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    That's the version with a sound track CD, the version without it is 29.99 and if you have prime it's 23.99.
    Yep and that version is 19.99 on all other platforms. Don't try to defend Nintendos idiotic $10 additional tax
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

6. The idea that videogames are still doing soundtrack cds is hilarious.

The only soundtrack CD I ever really listened to was Red Alert.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    Yep and that version is 19.99 on all other platforms. Don't try to defend Nintendos idiotic $10 additional tax
    It's still due to Nintendo, but I think it's the difference between flash memory cartridges and discs more than anything more nefarious. There was no similar surcharge on Wii U games.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It's still due to Nintendo, but I think it's the difference between flash memory cartridges and discs more than anything more nefarious. There was no similar surcharge on Wii U games.
    That doesn't excuse the digital versions being $10 more as well

Also 3ds games didn't have that surcharge, so that kills the physical media excuse

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    That doesn't excuse the digital versions being $10 more as well
    No, but we discussed that somewhere recently. That's arguably an anti-trust style issue that hopefully gets broken down. Digital books now generally cost less than print ones, thanks to that class action. In the meantime, it's an argument against physical versions existing. Stuff like Snipperclips absolutely would not have been $20 if they released a physical version.

Also 3ds games didn't have that surcharge, so that kills the physical media excuse
    I guarantee you people will give you examples of games that were more expensive on 3DS than, say, Steam. I would never have even considered buying anything multiplatform on there, so I can't go on memory on this one. I can't think of any eShop-style 3DS games that got physical versions though, so that complicates the Switch comparison a little bit.

edit: I'm off a generation, but a good example would be PvZ. It was way more on DS than elsewhere because of the physical release.
    Last edited by Yoshi; 02 Sep 2017 at 03:07 PM.