Page 208 of 209 FirstFirst ... 194204206207208209 LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,080 of 2090

Thread: Kickstarter's All-purpose Speculatory Thread of Dreams

1. The chest with the last key I needed was glitched open, so that spurred me on to just finish it. Put 25 hours into it, it’s a solid 7.

2. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    I put a few hours into the Switch version. It has to be the worst UE4 port on the Switch, and I'm really am not getting what everyone was jizzing themselves over.
    The switch port is really, really bad. You need to play it on PC/PS4/Xb
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. Yeah I had to tap out on the Switch port. It is really bad. Gonna start over on PS4.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Frogacuda View Post
    Yeah the Switch port is not great. It plays fine, resolution is fine, but a lot of shaders are gone so everything looks a lot flatter and duller.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
    It does not play fine. There are terrible load times between fucking rooms, fucking input lag with the pro controller, crashes, audio glitches, and the worst implementation of hdrumble in any game to date.

Quote Originally Posted by bbobb View Post
    The switch port is really, really bad. You need to play it on PC/PS4/Xb
    Well they locked me into a version a year before they gave us any hint of how fucking shitty of a port job they were going to do. So far I'm not feeling the game, I will play through and beat it here, but they already got 60 bucks of my money, I'm not rewarding them with another 30 - 40 bucks. Maybe in 6 months when this is in the used bargain bin, or I can borrow it from a friend, but they're not getting another dollar from me.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Shin Johnpv View Post
    It does not play fine. There are terrible load times between fucking rooms, fucking input lag with the pro controller, crashes, audio glitches, and the worst implementation of hdrumble in any game to date.
    Yeah, you're not wrong. I was having trouble putting my finger on some of the issues, but it's "off" and I wasn't having fun with it. The frame rate and lag were probably the biggest culprits. I convinced Beat Buy to let me trade it for the PS4 and it's a whole different game.

I would be pretty pissed if I backed and requested the Switch version. The PC and PS4 versions seem great and I really think they did the right thing by delaying and polishing.

But then they pulled this shit with a clearly half baked Switch port and deliberately released it one week late to mute the negativity (or at least distance it from talk of the game itself), rather than just being honest and saying they need another 6 months on the Switch port and giving people the option to change their orders. Crummy.

They are promising patches. I don't expect miracles but the biggest problems are solvable.

Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I was hoping Mzo would be the one mentioning the cheap digital price so I could be all I HAVE TO HAVE PHYSICALLLLLLLLLLL.
    Yeah, sorry, the game was digital only for a while and came to Switch at like $12. I was expecting it to be this short-ish indie game and would be shocked, shocked, by the size of each new area.

You do have to be good at playing video games, and be willing to remember a small, unmapped area until you find the local map to get the most out of this one.

I did buy the physical release when it was available as well, but the idiots didn't even put in the final build. They have a secret redemption program where you bitch to them about it and they'll send you a new cart when they fix them.

Physical costs more because you have to make a thing and send it all over the place. I'm down for a cheap digital license rental, but fuck full retail price for digital. Hollow Knight was more than worth it.

I'm actually just playing Monster Boy now and it's super, super good. Tons of nods to the older games and a decent difficulty curve. I haven't had to look anything up yet and am in the final area. Totally recommend that one as well to anyone with a fondness for Wonder Boy.

Re: Bloodborne, that's a fucking bummer because I'm in the same boat. Has anyone opened a complaint about the Kickstarter? Maybe you can swap out for the PS4 one. I'll look into it.

8. I think the easiest way for them to do some damage control is to give Switch backers a Steam code. Could lead to resellers but there's no upfront cost otherwise. Everything else is spilled milk at this point.

Still, I really, really like this game. It's an utterly worthy successor to the DS games. I was not expecting it to be this good.
    Last edited by Frogacuda; 26 Jun 2019 at 06:00 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Re: Bloodborne, that's a fucking bummer because I'm in the same boat. Has anyone opened a complaint about the Kickstarter? Maybe you can swap out for the PS4 one. I'll look into it.
    There's been a lot of us on the kickstarter asking for an exchange or other code but so far nothing. They've been pretty shitty so I'm not expecting much.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

10. I ordered the PS4 version after seeing all the complaints. I should start playing tomorrow I guess.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!