Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 41416171819202232 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Playing (Summer, 2017)?

1. Oh man, I really wanted to like that game, but the limbs are stubby and the characters don't mobile or powerful to me. Also the economy is some postwar, wheelbarrow full of coins for a loaf of bread stuff. It asks you to spend several rounds worth of money just to start with an item, which isn't much of an advantage as the first waves are easy and will probably drop whatever item you need before the level gets tough. Maybe it gets more efficient later, but from what I played, it seemed like they didn't know what to do with currency.

It's a pleasure to look at, though; no doubt about that.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 21 Jul 2017 at 08:57 PM.

2. I'm five stages in. The key to the game is to use your run button as a throttle, you pretty much always hold it down, do your booty dance to keep the multiplier active, and use that owl to hang on to whatever items you need for your grimore recipes. The stubby punches took some getting used to, but your momentum can let you get away with a lot of hit and runs. Running punches do more damage than standing ones, and the jump kick has a deceptively wide hit box.

Put some time in, I really like it! Go in expecting to die a lot, you keep the gold and items you die with.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 21 Jul 2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

3. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    ...The music was so awful and grating most of the time...

I've been playing some Saturn today. Last Gladiators and Tempest 2000 sounded awesome.
    Last edited by gamevet; 21 Jul 2017 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Joust Williams View Post
    Because he's going to make a YouTube of all the different versions. After he does the Batman one. And the Megaman one. Duh
    You joke, but I do see it that way in my head still. Things are pretty settled at my work and home life (until the wedding.) Maybe soon!

And duh, yes, I'm playing all the games in the series in order. Why even play Super Mario Bros. when All-Stars exists?

5. Because All Stars aged worse than the NES versions and has gross aesthetics?

6. Played a bunch of Bloodlines last night. Got to a point where I carried both credits into Stage 4, so I should be able to comfortably clear it soon. I hadn't realized just how much input lag I was up against playing this on MD GEN on my phone with a PS4 controller. That was playing with weighted clothing on; I'm slaughtering this thing on console now. Expert mode is on the horizon.

~1994 Konami is like the movie Chinatown for me. I know everyone knows how great it is, I know how great it is, and I know I know how great it is. Then I play it/watch it and am overwhelmed by a feeling of "I had absolutely no idea how great this is." Every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Mzo View Post
    Why even play Super Mario Bros. when All-Stars exists?
    ew, dude.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 22 Jul 2017 at 12:43 PM.

That's my point, idiots. I was being sarcastic.

Also, plugged in the N64 for the first time since I played Majora 6 years ago. Looked at all my gold medals in Rogue Squadron and gold gems in Mischief Makers. Played some Castlevania 64 and I still really like it. Best 3D Castlevania!

8. I still turn mine on occasionally to play Wipeout 64 or Mortal Kombat Trilogy, but that is one system that makes me thankful for remakes.

9. You aren't good at sarcasm, Mzo. That was believable.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Because All Stars aged worse than the NES versions and has gross aesthetics?
    I like the aesthetics! But the controls after a little off.