Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31315161718 LastLast

Thread: This Month's Haul: August, 2015

1. Quote Originally Posted by Yoshi View Post
    It depends on the genre. I can't stand playing shooters with bat tops for example.

Related, screw-on buttons can fuck right off. The old were on there so tight that I decided it was easier to break the washers than to get them unscrewed. I'm unlikely to ever use those couple buttons again anyway.
    Is the advantage there to use non-standard joystick bases? I could see the snap-ins not working at all if you went in for a lot of custom LED shenanigans or overlays.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 24 Aug 2015 at 09:10 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

Quote Originally Posted by Fe 26 View Post
    can you take the switches out? You might could ebay those in a bundle.
    Yes, but there were only two of the screw-on ones that I couldn't get off, so it's not worth it. The buttons are only $2-3 each new, switch included.

I had to get the two yellow buttons from a different place, because Focus Attack was sold out. The first time I pressed one, it felt like shit. I had an inkling what was going on, so I popped the plunger off to find one of those silent rings inside. I took it out of both of them. I probably got charged extra for that shit too, even though it's technically a different model number, OBSFS-30 instead of OBSF-30.

Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Is the advantage there to use non-standard joystick bases? I could see the snap-ins not working at all if you went in for a lot of custom LED shenanigans.
    That's a good question. I don't know what the advantage would be. Maybe they're harder to steal from an actual arcade?

If the hole is slightly big the snap ins can come out relatively easily, which is either good or bad depending on perspective.

5. I ordered an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription! I am a professional, dammit.

Also preordered Animal Crossing Amiibo Party. Can't be too professional, now.

6. I won a Smite Founders Pack on Twitter, Gears Ultimate, Adventures of Pip and Mega Man Legacy for Xbone.

7. Thank you, hackers!

Does it indeed work? I've been hesitant to order any imports until we make sure Nintendo can't patch the vulnerability out.

9. I'll find out in 7-10 business days!

Which is when I'll also be getting this because it was $6.99 on PlayAsia whattheheck:

Oooh. I might need to get that one. I liked the one that was released digitally here.