Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4678910 ... LastLast

Thread: New Dark Tower Novel Coming

1. Oddly enough, 300 pages makes me want it more. Short, compact, and to the point isn't something King does often.

James

2. When you count all his novellas and short stories it is. But yeah, the best book he ever wrote, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon​, was like 200 pages.

Ill be reading this after I finish A Short History of Nearly Everything.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Compass View Post
    When you count all his novellas and short stories it is. But yeah, the best book he ever wrote, The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon​, was like 200 pages.
    Even the pop up book was pretty good.

That scene with the bear at the end was pretty choice. Dunno if it's my favorite King story, but it's good.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

6. Just heard something interesting... From what I understand, reading The Stand before The Dark Tower books establishes some extra development of the Dark Tower world. Any merit to that statement?

Lots of King books happen in the same Universe and mention the same characters. There's a litte Dark Tower in Hearts in Atlantis.

So kind of? But not really.
    HA! HA! I AM USING THE INTERNET!!1
    My Backloggery

There is a LOT of the Tower in Hearts in Atlantis. Also a lot in Insomnia, the Stand, the Eyes of the Dragon, Salem's Lot, and the Everything's Eventual collection.

You could read the Stand between books III and IV and it'd work out nicely. Eyes of the Dragon maybe before book I? Salem's Lot after book IV or V (I forget)

The book It has a bit to do with it as well.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Josh View Post

Salem's Lot after book IV or V (I forget)
    Maybe read Salem's Lot before book IV. Since he actually shows up in book IV.

Edit: I was wrong. Read Salem's lot before book V if you want the background.
    Last edited by sedition; 17 May 2012 at 01:24 PM.
    look here, upon a sig graveyard.