Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: TurboGrafx-16

1. I went through hell and back to obtain an Arcade Card Duo and a Kisado Board only to find out that Sapphire fucking sucks.
    Last edited by adol; 17 Nov 2006 at 11:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adol View Post
    I went through hell and back to obtain an Arcade Card Duo and a Kisado Board only to find out that Sapphire fucking sucks.
    Ha ha, pwned. Is your copy of Sapphire real? (lotsa bootlegs floating around.) If so, you should at least be able to get a decent amount of bread for it.

I'll take that Kisado if you won't be needing it...
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    Legend of Xanadu was pushing graphics that looked better and
    on par with a 32 bit game. Not enough people have played it
    to know.
    I have both LoX games, and while I agree that more people need to play them and they are two of the era's most impressive titles, saying they look on par with anything worth playing from the 32-bit era is absurd.
    To boldly go where lots of men have gone before...

4. I need my Kisado for Toilet Kids.

5. I never could wrap my mind around why converters are so sought after, when buying different hardware just to play hucards from another region really isn't that expensive. To each his own, I suppose, it just always seemed kind of wacky to me.

Grave: the only real reason I want a converter is so that I could use jap hucards on both my TurboExpress and Duo. PC Engines are cheap, but the GTs are not and carrying around a TE and a GT just isn't plausible.

I've just settled on pirating the japanese games since I can play them on both american systems. I still keep an eye out on jap hucards and converters, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilMog View Post
    Screw being smart. This is TNL.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    They also had a three button pad, but I'm refering to the
    fact that if they didn't pass on exclusive rights and the
    franchise took off like it did and the Turbo Super CD would
    have been the only version if would have possibly changed
    the console wars in the Turbo's favor.

this begs the obvious queston. did MK sell a ton because of the already installed userbases? because i dont remember it being a system mover per se. therefore with such a small base and being exclusive to the Turbo, MK could have been buried.

8. Quote Originally Posted by GohanX View Post
    Grave: the only real reason I want a converter is so that I could use jap hucards on both my TurboExpress and Duo. PC Engines are cheap, but the GTs are not and carrying around a TE and a GT just isn't plausible.
    Oh! Yeah, that'll do it. I take for granted that some people are still using TE/GT regularly. Me, I'll just stick with PSP, I can play the CD games on that too. Still, if you want to use the original hardware and games, a converter does make a hell of a lot of sense for that. There's always flashcarts too.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Korian View Post
    If TTI only knew how big the Mortal Kombat craze would have
    become, and didn't pass on the exclusive rights it possibly
    could have tipped the console wars in their favor. Think
    about how big an impact MK had in the console wars and the
    buzz it generated.
    Street Fighter II: CE didn't do anything for them. So, what makes you think MK would be any different?

http://www.gamespot.com/tg16/action/...html?id=360942

Street Fighter was on 2 different platforms. MK would have
    been just one. Anyways if they did bring SF CE here it would
    have been the best version.