Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Stencil Art

1. Stencil Art

Anyone else do stencil art? I always enjoyed looking at stencils tagged around town. So last year I decided I'd try it. I made a simple skull stencil, and tagged it around my neighborhood. After that I was hooked, and I've been making stencils since then.
    All I use is posterboard, an exacto-knife, and spraymount if necessary. Here's a few that I've done. I'll post more of my stuff when I get home from school

This one I just finished. I did a stripe of red acrylic paint then stenciled over that.

This is one of the first stencils I ever made. I was pretty impressed with how it came out.

It's not finished, but I thought I'd post it anyways.

The actual stencil. He'll be holding a knife when finished.

So that is some of my stuff. Anyone ever try this before? It's pretty fun.
    Last edited by Tenchimo Dos; 06 Oct 2006 at 01:33 PM.

2. Stenciling/graphitti/tagging/street art/etc can be totally awesome.

But going around and defacing other peoples property is totally effing lame.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Kidnemo View Post
    Stenciling/graphitti/tagging/street art/etc can be totally awesome.

But going around and defacing other peoples property is totally effing lame.
    Yeah I agree with that.

4. That yakuza one is really, really awesome.

I don't do so many stencils anymore, but I tag+bomb+pasteups+stickers, etc.
    one I just did the other day (put up about 10 of them around one part of town)

Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

Quote Originally Posted by Tenchimo Dos View Post
    Thats pretty cool.

Not the same thing, but for some reason, there is someone going around downtown Atlanta and painting 4 foot tall Pacman ghost.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    That yakuza one is really, really awesome.

I don't do so many stencils anymore, but I tag+bomb+pasteups+stickers, etc.
    one I just did the other day (put up about 10 of them around one part of town)

That's an awesome sticker/pasteup! There has been some really great artists around town posting their work. I enjoy seeing new stuff up, and I've always wanted to try it. Do you have anymore pics of your stuff? So what do you do, print up a picture and then spraymount it?

And thanks, I think the yakuza one is turning out pretty well.

7. thankkkkyou.
    most of my stuff can be found on my flickr, but I know we're all lazy so I'll post some more here. Also a lot of the stuff is marked so only friends can see it, because its sort of illegal and all that.

(mine is the mild7)

I don't get as many pictures of my stuff as I'd like, but I post what I can. For the CREEP picture, I made xeroxes of a drawing, because I can make like a million copies for free at my school. I take this stuff and boom, pasted up. I am going to get spray adhesive though, because it works a littttttle faster.

anyway, I love street art and it's pretty much my only hobby right now. Cheap, fun, and illegal.

Must...get...Paul Reubens stencils...
    "Chuy, you're going to have a magical life. Because no matter where you go, it's always going to be better than Tucson."

9. Satsuki, you're my hero. Vagina oner, lol. You've done some sweet work. What fucking sucks is that, where I'm at, you can't just walk in and grab priority mail stickers anymore. You have to ask for them, which they'll only give you 1 or 2.

10. haha actually the Vagina Oner isn't mine, but i go to school with the person.

annndddd you're in luck- go here and place an order for up to 500 stickers- the post office sends you them for free. You don't have to sign for them or anything, just register an account (free.) I've heard that if you start to order too many they get suspicious, but nothing has happened to me. so yeah, get some, make art, post it