Page 37 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23333536373839 ... LastLast

Thread: Completion Thread: 2015 FINISH HIM!!

So Crushing is unlocked from the get-go on the Collection? I Platinumed the first two but never went back through 3 on Crushing.

2. Yup. I think they added a new difficulty above Crushing and unlocked Crushing from the start for all games.

So they solved one problem on the path to creating another one. Locked difficulties need to go away.

4. 18) Shadow Force (AC/JPN ver)
    Similar to the USA one, but uses 3 buttons instead of 6 (so you now hit A+B+C to use a ninja scroll, A+B to morph into an enemy) and doesn't have the PVP combat between stages (not really missed, since the loser begins the next stage with a near-empty lifebar). Played as Kai.

Decent beat-em-up by Technos. Too bad Double Dragon 3 didn't come out after this from the same team, instead of being farmed out to East Tech earlier. SF one has sort of an odd mechanic where you're not able to manually turn around- you're automatically facing toward a certain opponent, similar to Street Fighter. Usually it's the nearest one. This does allow you to block but can be a tad awkward at times.

Scrolls are best saved for the bosses, some of who are a bit on the cheap side. It's best IMO to transform into Katze before fighting Oni at the construction site, so you can Switchblade Kick him into oblivion. One cool boss is the experimental amoeba that morphs into your present form.

Certain morphs are quite useful and others are not. YMMV. Some I liked using are Yaksa (a Psycho Crusher type special and a slide kick), Rifle (fire either a single or triple shot burst, and smash enemies with the gun butt if they get close- he's also got grenades but they're risky to use because of recovery time), and F-Sword. There's Bulldog, who has an exact ripoff of Sagat's Tiger Uppercut. The specials' motions are Aliens vs. Predator type B,F/U,D commands with an occasional HCT like Bulldog's special. Command input is a bit less forgiving than AvP, but not nearly SF1 bad (where the Shoryuken requires an Act of God to perform).

Getting closer to the end of the game, you trash Lucifer. After being beaten, the Devil wolfs you down and you fight your way through his innards to the final boss..

Kazu Yamane did a great soundtrack for this, especially the boss theme with its slick bass line.

5. 6. Mass Effect 2
    I am on a roll!
    Imported my fem shep, stayed true to Liara (though I would totally have taken Jack if she would have had me). Recruited and gained the loyalty of everyone, killed the Reaper Man.
    There should have been a higher level cap, or less points awarded or something. I was a badass not even midway through my play. Shockwave + Charge + Shotgun to the face = unstoppable force.
    I'm going to do The Arrival tomorrow, but as a whole I found all the DLC for this underwhelming. Shadow Broker was kinda neat, the rest of it was dumb and or tedious.
    So yeah, Arrival tomorrow and then import into ME3.

6. The Arrival was ok. Had a bit of a Basic Instinct moment at the end. One of the last things I did before the suicide mission was Kasumi's quest, so my "ship wear" was the evening gown. When Hackett is talking to Shep at the end, she sits down and forgets her modesty. It was kinda funny/awkward trying to see what, if anything, they modeled up her dress.

7. Quote Originally Posted by koda View Post
    What's the accepted criteria for counting a game like this? 1CC?
    1CC is preferable, but any finish is accepted.

8. 19) Cyber Commando (AC)
    Played as Peace Keeper. Good sequel to Cyber Sled, but instead of the tournament theme it goes with a mission based story. A space station's security computer goes batshit and needs shutting down. Instead of your guns overheating for a few seconds, they simply run out of bullets and will require taking one of the missile items to reload.

While not the final boss, Rafflesia is the hardest one in the game- probably one step below Damon Hargley (with shield, weapon, and speed stats all 5/5) from CS.

9. 5. Vagrant Story

Because I wouldn't believe anyone who said they finished it either:

uploadfromtaptalk1446166748308.jpg

I don't think I like it, but it seems so much like something I would like that it tricked me into thinking I do. This is the spell it has cast on everyone who tells you they like it.

This is one of the best looking games of all time, though. The craftsmanship on some of these background textures, oh man. Atmosphere for days, brilliant art direction, and the camera and model movements in the cutscenes are a pleasure to watch even though I couldn't tell you what was going on in them.

Maybe I did like it.

We're definitely not getting another AAA, stylized, cinematic, weapon-raising sim Real Time Mystery Dungeon x Fake Time Intelligent Qube. I know that much.
    Last edited by A Robot Bit Me; 29 Oct 2015 at 10:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by A Robot Bit Me View Post
    Because I wouldn't believe anyone who said they finished it either:

uploadfromtaptalk1446166748308.jpg
    lol

edit: How much did you rely on a walkthrough of some kind?
    Last edited by Yoshi; 30 Oct 2015 at 10:16 AM.