Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 31414344454647 LastLast

Thread: Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

Can someone remind me how the Season Pass for this and Scholar of the First Sin relate, if at all? Do you need both for the full experience? I only have the base game.

2. On Steam, buying the season pass gave me all the DLC, since it was three DLC releases. I think if you have Scholar that means you have all the DLC already.

3. Yep, Scholar is the most complete version of the game. No additional purchases required.

4. Scholar is base game + DLC plus remixed enemy placement, lots of multiplayer tweaks, and very slightly improved graphics. If you have the base game you would need the season pass, and Scholar is a whole separate version.

Since I can upgrade to Scholar for $12, and the Season Pass is still $30 on Steam, it's an easy choice for now. If I like the DLC enough to want it in the base game, I may go "backwards."

6. The DLC is excellent. Some really tough new zones and bosses, some awesome new weapons and armor and spells, and even more lore and the such. From does content the right way. SotFS is definitely the definitive version of the game, and elevates what was (IMO) one of the best games even higher. The new enemy placements can really throw you for a loop the first time if you're familiar with what used to be where. Hope you're good at fighting the Persuer.

7. okay, so i've platted Demons, Dark 1 & Bloodborne (not played the DLC yet), just got this one as an xmas gift...i'm told i should go in expecting B team effort here. is that a fair assessment?
    http://backloggery.com/irishninja/sig.gif

8. I liked it well enough, I prefer the combat in 2 over 1. It feels more like a video game and the characters aren't as charming to me. Dark Souls 1 was a brand new experience for me (no Demons Souls) and blew me away. Dark Souls 2 was "how can we make something similar" that focuses more on tough enemies than world building, but I think it gets more flack than it deserves. I put as much or more time into it as I did 1.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!

9. Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

Quote Originally Posted by IrishNinja View Post
    okay, so i've platted Demons, Dark 1 & Bloodborne (not played the DLC yet), just got this one as an xmas gift...i'm told i should go in expecting B team effort here. is that a fair assessment?
    No.

The B-team shit with this game is just mental. Anyone who says it is a moron.

10. Dark Souls 2 - (PC, 360, PS3, XBO, PS4)

I would have called it my favorite while I was playing it. Now that I'm playing Bloodborne I'll call Bloodborne my favorite. They are all good enough that I want to call the one I'm currently playing my favorite.
    DS2 may be at the bottom of a list, but it's such a close list that you shouldn't hesitate to spend the $20 to play DS2 if you like the others.
    Why are you reading this? go to your general settings and uncheck the Show Signatures box already!