Page 1 of 58 123515 ... LastLast

Thread: Ghostbusters 3

1. Ghostbusters 3

In a new interview with CISN Country radio, Dan Aykroyd has revealed that Ghostbusters III is in the works once more!

However, small catch: It's a CGI animated movie.

It seems that Bill Murray told Aykroyd that he wouldn't mind doing the film if he could just do it as a simple voiceover job like his Garfield flicks. Sony apparently thought this was a pretty good idea, since making the film as a CG cartoon would reduce the cost of the film's elaborate script significantly. So Murray is back onboard and things are churning again... as an animated film.
    Who knows if time has passed this one by, so we'll see.

Here's an old script review. I'm sure it's been heavily rewritten since '99.
    I'm not a devious man by nature... but when you're unarmed, your tactics might gonna be downright Archimedean.

2. A CGI film? I'll have to see it in action to get any kind of a feel for how it'll be, but my gut reaction is hell no. But I guess if it's the only chance we have then I'll take it; If it's good then all the more awesome and if not I can always ignore it.
    Moira, a pretty but uptight gymnast and science grad
    LOL

3. No one will care.

Dolemite, the Bad-Ass King of all Pimps and Hustlers
    Gymkata: I mean look at da lil playah woblin his way into our hearts in the sig awwwwwww

4. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    my gut reaction is hell no.

5. Quote Originally Posted by MechDeus View Post
    my gut reaction is hell no.

6. Well now we know why the game video was taken down. They want the game released the same time as the movie.

Good. The game has potential and I will take a wait and see approach as far as the movie goes.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

7. WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING STRANGE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!!

8. If Bill Murray is too old and lazy to do a new Ghostbusters then fuck him. He shouldnt be able to just call his lines in for a CG one. Find a new cast and make this happen with current day SFX.

9. Ghostbusters wouldn't be Ghostbusters without Bill Murray. The movie shouldn't be made if he's going to have a bit part anyway. And I read that script review and it's clear that movie would be crap.

10. Quote Originally Posted by Jetman View Post
    If Bill Murray is too old and lazy to do a new Ghostbusters then fuck him. He shouldnt be able to just call his lines in for a CG one. Find a new cast and make this happen with current day SFX.
    From what I understand, Bill Murray is a bit of an art-fag-boner and I've heard many accounts of him being stubborn as all hell when it comes to certain things. I would imagine that he, like most fans of Ghostbusters, thinks that a third movie would kill the series. Aykroyd hasn't written anything of worth in well over a decade and has proven himself to be fairly lame. Hell, even Harold Ramis (whose writing I like) hasn't done anything worthwhile in a really long time. The creative juice for a new movie seems gone, and I don't really like the idea of the Ghostbusters going to hell, it seems too cartoony even for a CGI cartoon. BUT, if it's of at least the same quality as Ghostbusters II (a movie that I've come to realize in watching it recently, is fairly average) then I guess I'll be content. Recapturing the straight magic of the amazing writing from Ghostbusters just seems unlikely, however.

Things like this make me not want GB3:
    There is indeed a younger crop of Ghostbusters (or, as the script abbreviates it, GBs) introduced that perform much of the otherworldly legwork here. This new crew includes: Franky, a body-pierced, tough New Jersey punker; Lovell, a dread-locked dude; Moira, a pretty but uptight gymnast and science grad; and Carla, a Latino beauty. There’s also Nat, a prepubescent genius whose powerful brain has made his head abnormally large. Despite his youth, Nat serves as a supervisor for the new GBs.
    Look, I realize that half of the Ghostbusters are fat and have lost all talent when it comes to acting (Ramis and Aykroyd), but nobody wants to see young "hip" Ghostbusters. BUT I think the CGI would prevent anything like this and would center the movie on the four main ghostbusters.
    Quote Originally Posted by jonas View Post
    WHEN THERE IS SOMETHING STRANGE IN YOUR NEIGHBOURHOOD, MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE!!!!
    Go away.
    Last edited by Mr-K; 05 Feb 2007 at 01:32 PM.