Page 51 of 968 FirstFirst ... 374749505152535565 ... LastLast

Thread: The Trump Presidency

1. I had this bizarre, intrusive, yet somewhat interesting thought last night:
    What if Trump ends up being one of the greatest presidents we've ever had?

Like, don't get me wrong, I don't think this will be the case - but we're all posed (democrats and repubs alike) for him to be this living terror that we have to wrangle at every minute. But what if he succeeds in bringing about world peace??? Like, we'll have to go back and examine every stupid thought that has ever crossed his mind, and deem it genius, and he'll go on money and schools and be made into statues.

It was such a disturbing thought that I can't stop thinking about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

That might happen. But I feel it would be a byproduct and not deliberate.

3. I could see things turning out okay if everyone is so scared of him doing something awful that there's a bipartisan effort to keep things sensible, but since that will never happen, you're all fucked.

4. First problem is the next 4 years under Trump.
    Second problem will be if we make it another 4 years.
    Third problem will be having Republicans praising the good old days of Trumponomics for years to come.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I had this bizarre, intrusive, yet somewhat interesting thought last night:

Like, don't get me wrong, I don't think this will be the case - but we're all posed (democrats and repubs alike) for him to be this living terror that we have to wrangle at every minute. But what if he succeeds in bringing about world peace??? Like, we'll have to go back and examine every stupid thought that has ever crossed his mind, and deem it genius, and he'll go on money and schools and be made into statues.

I kind of feel like this is what happened with Reagan. Like he did a lot of terrible, terrible things, deregulating the financial industry, letting the CIA sell crack to the hood, creating a new class of oligarchs, but he did enough good with regard to the economy that the whole of his policy gets remembered as good economics rather than the sliver that actually worked.

6. Oh shit! You dissed Reagan. If that doesn't bring Yoshi back, nothing will.

7. Quote Originally Posted by Satsuki View Post
    I had this bizarre, intrusive, yet somewhat interesting thought last night:

I can't stand the man. I don't even have to see him - just his voice is enough to make my skin crawl. And this isn't a political thing because it's been the case since his guest appearances on Stern way back when.

That said, if he ends up being one of our greatest Presidents, why is that a bad or disturbing thing? Because some people don't like him or his methods? If he brings about world peace, who are we to shit on him?

8. My theory from the beginning has been, if Obama ran on uniting Red & Blue States, but ultimately divided us, then why wouldn't a pitch to put a wall between us not unite us?
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

9. OK
    Quote Originally Posted by Razor Ramon View Post
    I don't even the rage I mean )#@($@IU_+FJ$(U#()IRFK)_#
    Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    I'm sure whatever Yeller wrote is fascinating!

10. Trump will undoubtedly unite us all in unanimous hatred of Trump.