Page 4 of 390 FirstFirst ... 23456818 ... LastLast

Thread: The Rock Band Thread

1. http://community.rockband.com/vbforu...ad.php?t=15440
    Hi Everyone,

As we have said in the past, Harmonix and MTV Games believe in an open standard philosophy of hardware and game compatibility. We think that there should be interoperability between music instrument controllers across all music games. This is clearly in the best interest of consumers, game developers and console manufacturers and will only help to grow the music game genre as well as inspire innovation and creativity.

Two weeks ago, Harmonix created a software patch for the Sony PLAYSTATION 3 version of Rock Band that allowed for guitar compatibility and support for third party peripherals, including enabling use of Activision's Guitar Hero III controller with Rock Band. The compatibility patch was submitted, approved and had been scheduled for release by Sony on Tuesday, December 4. Unfortunately, Activision objected to the compatibility patch's release. The patch remains with Sony, but we have been told that it will unfortunately not be released due to Activision's continued objection.

As is the case with the Microsoft Xbox360, we believe that Sony PLAYSTATION 3 users should be able to use the peripheral of their choice with Rock Band. We sincerely hope that Activision will reverse its decision and allow release of the compatibility patch and further, that Activision will allow Guitar Hero III to support Rock Band guitar controllers as well. We welcome all third party developers who wish to support our controllers and will provide any required support in order for them to do so.

We believe that when consumers have choice, everyone wins. Harmonix and MTV Games hope that Activision and others will also adopt this philosophy.

Sincerely,
    The Harmonix Team
    ps3 owners are now "officially" screwed
    steam: Mrs Esterhouse

2. *cue Price is Right "lose" sound*

3. Quote Originally Posted by Bonestorm View Post
    http://community.rockband.com/vbforu...ad.php?t=15440

ps3 owners are now "officially" screwed
    LOL, but it still doesn't excuse EA/Harmonix for not having the stand-alone instruments ready when Rock Band came out.

And I can't believe that this cool mod to lessen the noise of the Rock Band drums spawned this.
    R.I.P. Paragon Studios

4. Quote Originally Posted by Cowdisease View Post
    It's actually already done, but Activision is being a bitch and preventing its release. Even if that's eventually fixed, you still don't have the ability to play with TNL people online.
    if i understood correctly its the other way around. Harmonix is ready to release the patch for Rock Band peoples to play with GHIII controllers soon, on the contrary, Activision is saying no rock band guitar support for GHIII because they dont like the failure rates of the guitars (but really they are just being bitches)

edit: saw the PR release, stop being bitches activision.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

5. Any truth to the rumor that Activision wanted to put out some kind of reverse-patch to nerf the GH guitars for 360 Rock Band? I woudn't put it past 'em.

6. do GHIII controllers work on RB360? Ive only used and seen GHII controllers used.
    b_ri on Twitch, Games Beaten in 2020 (3): Pokemon Sword (Sw), Detroit: Becoming Human (PS4), Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice (PS4),

7. Yes, 360 is fine.

8. I have not heard anything that implies that they do not.

9. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Any truth to the rumor that Activision wanted to put out some kind of reverse-patch to nerf the GH guitars for 360 Rock Band? I woudn't put it past 'em.
    The only way it would work is if it were possible to permanently write data to the guitars. This isn't possible. I don't think it is, anyway.

But lol @ Activision's stance. What a shitty company.
    Last edited by epmode; 12 Dec 2007 at 05:45 PM.

10. If GHIII releases a patch that wouldn't allow their controller to work with Rock Band I'll never buy another Guitar Hero game.