Page 1 of 7 1235 ... LastLast

Thread: Life is Strange (PC, PS3, PS4, One, 360)

1. Life is Strange (PC, PS3, PS4, One, 360)

From the developers of Remember Me Dontnod Entertainment, Life is Strange is an interactive adventure similar to the type of games Quantic Dream/Telltale Games develop.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Life-is-Strange-Logo-New.jpg 
Views:	301 
Size:	42.8 KB 
ID:	75976

You play as a Maxine Caulfield a high school student studying photography who discovers that she has time manipulation powers. Her powers have different effects on the story although through some odd sequences of events in using them, I've played the demo and so far to my surprise I've really enjoyed it. The material in her diary adds more depth to the character and the story gets interesting by the end of the demo.

The entire season is $20 which isn't too bad although I'm still a little hesitant about picking it up until all 5 episodes are out. The first is only $5 so I suppose you won't be losing too much by checking it out for that price but they also have a demo out for all versions in case you want to try before you buy.

Remember Me is better than it gets credit for but I did forget they were making this. I will check out the demo.

3. This game looks really interesting but at the same time I'm very hesitant, because I loved Remember Me but the rewind time cutscene shit was the worst part imo and this looks like that part made into an entire game. Guess I should check the demo.

4. I blind bought the first episode and liked it. The atmosphere and story hooked me.
    Edit: if you haven't already, don't watch that trailer. It spells out some shit that I enjoyed finding out on my own.

5. Quote Originally Posted by NeoZeedeater View Post
    Remember Me is better than it gets credit for but I did forget they were making this. I will check out the demo.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyler_Durden View Post
    This game looks really interesting but at the same time I'm very hesitant, because I loved Remember Me but the rewind time cutscene shit was the worst part imo and this looks like that part made into an entire game. Guess I should check the demo.
    I like Remember Me as well, great sense of style. I'm actually surprised Life is Strange has a demo on current gen systems given how stingy companies have been about them so far but definitely take advantage of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Chux View Post
    I blind bought the first episode and liked it. The atmosphere and story hooked me.
    Edit: if you haven't already, don't watch that trailer. It spells out some shit that I enjoyed finding out on my own.
    True, true.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I like Remember Me as well, great sense of style. I'm actually surprised Life is Strange has a demo on current gen systems given how stingy companies have been about them so far but definitely take advantage of it.

True, true.
    Exactly, great sense of style. That fucking city, Neo Paris. So imaginative. Reminds me of the Matrix and Neuromancer and so many other scifi classics

7. Quote Originally Posted by Will View Post
    I'm actually surprised Life is Strange has a demo on current gen systems given how stingy companies have been about them so far but definitely take advantage of it.
    Has anyone in the media addressed this? It seemed like last gen, the vast majority of games had a demo. Now almost nothing does.
    Sucks.

8. I agree, and wasn't part of Sony's E3 pitch that every single game would have a demo? It's been a complete joke on both systems.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Some Stupid Japanese Name View Post
    Has anyone in the media addressed this? It seemed like last gen, the vast majority of games had a demo. Now almost nothing does.
    Sucks.
    Addressed it in what way? There was the article written which went over the numbers about how sales for a game did better when they didn't have a playable demo over having one.

Some of the indie developers I've seen on the web have stated that they get better sales by putting up good screenshots and videos than they get by putting up a playable demo. This seems backwards to me, but sales dollars don't lie. Bigger games are probably the same.