Thread: Ad for the Next TNL Get-Together?

1. Ad for the Next TNL Get-Together?

I want to make a 160x600 ad for the October 25 TNL get-together in Chicago. There is a group of four buildings in Chicago, Presidential Towers, that reminds me of the TNL logo. I'd be interested in seeing what you can throw together quickly - nothing fancy needed.

I have a sketch of sorts below as one possible starting point, and the source file and a logo file are also attached. Maybe you can put the TNL logo skewed over the towers so that the vertical bars fit over the towers, or maybe you could make an animation where the logo is drawn over the towers, even if it's a rudimentary line drawing. Or maybe you can go in an altogether different direction? Chicago is known for the diversity of its architecture, after all.

Just don't spend much time on it. The ad will run on the forum only, for about the next six weeks. I will also make it link to the official thread, so you can use language encouraging the viewer to click, though that is not necessary.

Just think quick and dirty, like if you asked a writer to do a 250-word review of a game.

Also, the image I am using was found on the Web and I did not ask permission yet. There are plenty of other pictures of Presidential Towers out there, but I can certainly write the photographer of this one if it looks like the image will be used. It's taken at just about a perfect angle. I would eventually like to commission a professional-level graphic we can use every year for Chicago, and graphics for New York and LA meets.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TNL-Chicago-2008.gif 
Views:	478 
Size:	22.2 KB 
ID:	40126   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Presidential-Towers.jpg 
Views:	308 
Size:	118.2 KB 
ID:	40127   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	304-x-250-2008-logo.gif 
Views:	308 
Size:	8.4 KB 
ID:	40128  

2. Quick, someone photoshop a plane crashed into the last building and the smoke making the swoop of the T and N and bottom of the L.
    You sir, are a hideous hermaphroditical character which has neither the force and firmness of a man, nor the gentleness and sensibility of a woman.

3. You're going to need an ad that appropriately reflects this get-together. Here, I did the work for you. You don't have to pay me, though. I love TNL enough to do it for free.

4. ahchoo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tnlaac.jpg 
Views:	538 
Size:	24.4 KB 
ID:	40131  

5. Bacon sneezes out artwork! Thanks.

6. The ad image should link to the Chicago get-together thread, or to a page with more info, yeah?
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Holliday View Post
    K3V is awesome!

7. Ah, I knew I neglected to do something. Thanks. (Been busy with templates.)

8. Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Bacon sneezes out artwork! Thanks.
    Bacon rocks (of course we all knew this already)!!!

9. Nice Bacon, I love it.