Page 14 of 811 FirstFirst ... 1012131415161828 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, 2DS, "New" 3DS, & "New" 2DS XL Thread.

1. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    I'm thinking next gen we'll be looking at a Nintendo "platform" as opposed to the console+portables+whatever setup we have now. The digital rights are going to be the biggest problem with continuing on the way things have been going.

Might not be "ONE CONSOLE FUTURE," but at least it'll be tidier.
    I'm thinking Nintendo is business savvy enough that they're not going to reduce the number of things they can sell to you.
    -Kyo

2. Oh, I'm not saying that they won't sell you five different pieces of hardware, they'll all be running the same OS/software though. The units will specialize enough to make one preferable over the other for a particular application. See: iPad/iPhone.

3. Quote Originally Posted by YellerDog View Post
    Oh, I'm not saying that they won't sell you five different pieces of hardware, they'll all be running the same OS/software though. The units will specialize enough to make one preferable over the other for a particular application. See: iPad/iPhone.
    See, but that's the perfect example. Apple does that, but they still manufacture OS X on top of that stuff. I'd be surprised if they rolled the iphone OS & Mac OS together, even if they got the mobile one to the point where it could adequately run Mac OS software.
    -Kyo

4. How much you wanna bet the next incarnation of OSX (OSXI?) is going to have fully integrated "apps"? They're moving towards a more closed platform, not the other way around.
    Last edited by YellerDog; 21 Jun 2010 at 11:59 PM.

5. http://japan.gamespot.com/videos/sto...0415519,00.htm

Resident Evil Revelations trailer that was shown running on 3DS units at E3, apparently all in-engine. Pretty impressive!

6. Wow, looks like this can do some stuff. That looks better than most Wii games. If suspiciously better than the other demos shown (although inconsistent utilization of hardware is pretty common in first gen stuff).

7. All the keynote stuff looks like garbage compared to that.
    Leave it to capcom to show first parties how to use their own hardware.

8. Quote Originally Posted by kedawa View Post
    I'm hoping this drives down the price of the XL. I wouldn't mind one of those, especially if the 3DS doesn't do it for me when I finally get to try one out.
    Actually, the price of the entire DS line dropped recently in Japan. Certainly not due to poor DS sales, so I'd imagine it has something to do with starting to set up for the entry price of the 3DS.
    WARNING: This post may contain violent and disturbing images.

9. I really hope Irem does a Zettai Zetsumei Toshi game for this!

Warren Spector gets it. What a shocker!

Quote Originally Posted by Warren Spector
    I was completely wrong about 3D... Not a fad. Not going away. Here for good - and that's a good thing.