Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 3D "Capable" TV question

1. PlayStation 3 3D "Capable" TV question

"The HLT generation of Samsung DLP HDTVs are capable of displaying future 3D games, movies, and other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware."

I don't have the instruction book for my TV anymore, and it's about 3 years old. But when I was cleaning up yesterday I saw an input on the side of my TV that said "3D SYNC OUT" and then the product description of my TV on amazon had that line about being 3D Compatible.

What do I need to buy to make this happen?

2. You know who I like hearing answers from? People I know. Not random other message boards. But thanks nonetheless.

3. I think the only person on here that would know anything about that is Yoshi, and I think he wouldn't be able to help unless he had the exact same model.

What I gathered was, get ready to pony up hundreds of dollars on some glasses to look foolish.

4. I own plenty of things that make me look foolish, but nothing that will let me play Mortal Kombat in 3D.

My understanding is that 3D Vision works with 120Hz LCD monitors, Misubishi DLP HDTVs, and now anything with HDMI 1.4. The non-PC 3D uses the HDMI 1.4 exclusively. I don't have a clue what a 3D sync on an older Samsung would be for. Maybe search through this blog. It has crazy amounts of info.

6. Quote Originally Posted by Korly View Post
    "The HLT generation of Samsung DLP HDTVs are capable of displaying future 3D games, movies, and other programming via 3D compatible glasses and hardware."

I don't have the instruction book for my TV anymore, and it's about 3 years old. But when I was cleaning up yesterday I saw an input on the side of my TV that said "3D SYNC OUT" and then the product description of my TV on amazon had that line about being 3D Compatible.

What do I need to buy to make this happen?
    If you've got the same line of Samsung DLP (the last they ever made) that my parents and brother have then you're pretty much SOL. Apparently the adapter needed for 3D was something Samsung was going to make down the line but abandoned after abandoning their DLP line of TVs. I don't remember all the details, my brother researched it a while back and found out the only way it was ever going to happen was if someone wrote a program to do it and then you'd need a PC hooked up to the TV in order for it to work.
    Currently Playing: Final Fantasy V Pixel Remaster (PC), Let's Build a Zoo (PC) & Despot's Game (PC)

Get Free Bitcoins every hour! - www.freebitco.in

7. They're already demo'ing glasses-less 3-d on laptops at CES. It won't be long before it's on televisions. I'd wait on this until there's one standard format/hookup.

8. Samsung's '3D capable' sounds like it's as much of a custerfuck as 'HD ready' was.
    LOL at early adopters.

9. Especially when what they're adopting just plain sucks. Unlike HD.