View Poll Results: Will we see a global fascist period in our lifetime?

Voters
18. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes.

11 61.11%
  • No.

4 22.22%
  • I'm a fence riding pussy and can't make up my mind.

3 16.67%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Fascism

The fancy clothes kind?

2. "Global" is a pretty tall order. I'm voting no.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

3. But if it ever does happen, Penn Jillette and Gary Johnson and John Galt and I will be on our hidden island until the world is ready.
    Quote Originally Posted by C.S. Lewis
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

4. Quote Originally Posted by Calliander View Post
    We aren't going to see the type of fascism we want in our lifetime.
    What kind of fascism are you hoping for exactly?

5. The one with Cornelius and Dr Zaius.
    "Question the world man... I know the meaning of everything right now... it's like I can touch god." - bbobb the ggreatt

6. The erotic kind, of course.

7. Style of government doesn't matter to me. Just be in the ruling class.

8. Quote Originally Posted by Andrew View Post
    But if it ever does happen, Penn Jillette and Gary Johnson and John Galt and I will be on our hidden island until the world is ready.
    I have a bizarre crush on Penn Jillette, and I gave a presentation on Ayn Rand last semester so I think by default I get to come to the hidden island too. Hell, I won't stop you guys for stockpiling guns!
    Quote Originally Posted by dechecho View Post
    Where am I anyway? - I only registered on here to post on this thread

9. Libertarians will be the first to die, aren't they the like clear opposite of fascists?
    Quick zephyrs blow, vexing daft Jim.

10. Left-libertarians, but they're so fringe they don't even have a party.

Quote Originally Posted by Gohron View Post
    I like doing stuff with animals and kids