Page 14 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10121314151618 ... LastLast

Thread: X-Men : First Class

1. While watching Michael Fassbender as Magneto, I never once felt the need to compare him to Ian McKellen- he was that good. And the dude playing young Prof X was really good too, but...Patrick fucking Stewart, man. Dude had big shoes to fill.

2. I watched Last King of Scotland the other night and was all like, "Stop him with your mind, Charles!"

3. Shit, he played the kid doctor in Last King of Scotland? LOL. I need to watch that shit again.

4. Yes. He was in The Last King of Scotland ... loved that film.
    I can do all things through Christ, who strengthens me.

5. Just got back and it was really good. Even though they pace of the movie was quick, for some reason it felt like it was too long. By the end I was ready to get out of there. I liked all the nods to the x-men lore and stuff. I really dug the sound track and it was a beutiful movie to look at, quality direction. Some good casting but did anyone else notice Fasttbender's accent change while he talked? He was running through like three countries in one scene. Havok's last name is Summers? Is that Cyclops brother? I'd put this one behind 2 as my favorite.

6. In the comics he's Cyclops' younger brother. In this I guess they went with Father.
    Where I play
    Quote Originally Posted by Dolemite
    I've changed my mind about Korian. Anyone that can piss off so many people so easily is awesome. You people are suckers, playing right into his evil yellow hands.

7. Watched this tonight. Pretty entertaining. The trailer was better, but this was not at all bad.

8. This movie... It started out decent and then devolved into Wolverine Origins territory or worse. Lol Mystique. I swear Anakin Skywalker had a more convincing turn to the dark side.

Magnito- Hey baby, a tiger wouldn't cover up 'dem titties. You should be all natural an' shit.

I'll have to remember that line next time I want to talk a girl into being naked for the rest of her life. And they killed the black guy. Again. Shocking to see that in a summer blockbuster, I know.

Piccard- Eric, don't you kill him. It would be so wrong if you do. I mean, I'm going to hold him helpless and paralized in front of you and let him slowly die if you do try to kill him, but don't try to kill him. It would be such a dick move.

Lol @ the secret booth with the giant button in the middle of the table in the Austin Powers club. They'd have ten bus boys a night overhearing their secret plans.

See, radiation caused our mutation, so we'd be fine in a nuclear war while humans die since giant pressure waves and temperatures reaching those of the sun created us. What? Fuck it. Anyway, mutants love radiation, right? Like, if you irradiated one of those creatures from the Gallapogos islands it would be fine, right? S.M.R.T. So S.M.R.T.

No, see, we will still have our powers. We will just look normal. Yup, I will fully retain the ability to have hands on my legs. The only difference is I will no longer have hands on my legs. Brilliant.

Coins aren't magnetic.
    Last edited by Cheebs; 26 Jun 2011 at 10:32 PM.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Cheebs View Post
    This movie... It started out decent and then devolved into Wolverine Origins territory or worse. Lol Mystique. I swear Anakin Skywalker had a more convincing turn to the dark side.

Magnito- Hey baby, a tiger wouldn't cover up 'dem titties. You should be all natural an' shit.

I'll have to remember that line next time I want to talk a girl into being naked for the rest of her life. And they killed the black guy. Again. Shocking to see that in a summer blockbuster, I know.

Piccard- Eric, don't you kill him. It would be so wrong if you do. I mean, I'm going to hold him helpless and paralized in front of you and let him slowly die if you do try to kill him, but don't try to kill him. It would be such a dick move.

Lol @ the secret booth with the giant button in the middle of the table in the Austin Powers club. They'd have ten bus boys a night overhearing their secret plans.

See, radiation caused our mutation, so we'd be fine in a nuclear war while humans die since giant pressure waves and temperatures reaching those of the sun created us. What? Fuck it. Anyway, mutants love radiation, right? Like, if you irradiated one of those creatures from the Gallapogos islands it would be fine, right? S.M.R.T. So S.M.R.T.

No, see, we will still have our powers. We will just look normal. Yup, I will fully retain the ability to have hands on my legs. The only difference is I will no longer have hands on my legs. Brilliant.

Coins aren't magnetic.
    This is by far the best and most confusing review I have ever read.

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	carl-sagan-smoke-weed-everyday.jpg 
Views:	330 
Size:	30.6 KB 
ID:	62164